PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What do you put in your cupboard / freezer?

2»

Comments

• kxc798
    kxc798 Posts: 67 Forumite
    This is absolutely brilliant - thank you for your kindness everyone. You have also given me some wonderful ideas on how to organise the cupboards (something I hadn't gave much thought to) and how to keep an inventory which is something I always aspire to but never seem to achieve which results in buying double because I didn't think that I had any in stock in the first place or hides in the depths only to have a use by date of several years ago! Thank you one and all!
    "Ye cannae change the laws o' physics"

Montgomery Scott

NSD September 15/15 NSD October 1/15
    'Little Pot Of Gold' £1200
  • Lizling
    Lizling Posts: 882 Forumite
    Tallu wrote: »
    My worst expenditure is on dried herbs and spices etc - easily £30 or £40 of ingredients in that cupboard including cooking oil, which cancels out some of the savings I'm making cooking from scratch. Hopefully you won't make the same mistake but it's easy to do if you like experimenting with recipes.

:D
    This sounds like my cupboards. 2 shelves of just herbs and spices, with more fresh ones in the fridge. I've got everything from Amchoor to Za'atar. I do think they pay for themselves though, by allowing me to cook from scratch a lot.
    Saving for deposit: Finished! :j
    House buying: Finished!
    Next task: Lots and lots of DIY
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills