Credit Card Freebies Article Discussion Area

Comments

• gussie wrote: »

The last I heard was that 2000 points always get credited on the first statement of your account - the other 5000 points (assuming you've spent £250) will only get credited some 14 days after you receive the statement that has the qualifying £250 spend on it.

You may receive a letter from Sony confirming the points offer and the 2GB mp3 player but not the nitty gritty timeline details I've outlined above. Once you get that letter you should be safe - otherwise it's a case of chasing them up all the time!

On my first statement the balance was around £200 so just 2,000 was awarded for opening the account. I then spent another £65 on my card taking me over the £250 spend needed to qualify for the additional 5,000 points.

I did not have to wait for my second statement in order to be awarded the 5,000 points as a letter from Sony Card arrived telling me that the points had been added to my account & that I could claim the Sony 2GB MP3 Walkman.
    (See post No.297 on page 15 of this thread).
  • gussie
    gussie Posts: 62 Forumite
    imran_ wrote: »
    hi many thanks to all for providing the information regarding the sonycard offer.

does anyone know which mp3 player model number is being offered with the
    E-C04-1347
    code???

This one ...

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/MP3_Players.1/Sony.76/NWDB105F-BLACK/Sony_NWD-B105F_2GB_USB_Walkman_with_FM_Tuner.2595.html

Just received it - seems you do not have to wait 28 days - just 4 days in my case.
  • asharon
    asharon Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Got mine today too.
    Nice to save.
  • I received a letter from Sony Card this morning informing me that they have sent my Sony 2GB MP3 Walkman & it should arrive shortly. If it doesn't arrive within 14 days I should ring them on their helpline number.
  • Well minutes after I posted about my Sony 2GB MP3 Walkman being sent my next door neighbour hands me a recorded delivery package. It's arrived. That was quick work, well done Sony Card.
  • Tirian
    Tirian Posts: 960 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well, my MP3 player arrived while I was away on holiday, sent by special delivery .. I guess after all the hoops I had to jump through to actually get my points, they didn't want anything else going wrong!!

I have to say, it's an excellent MP3 player and I love the FM radio & voice recording facility .. and the automatic transfer function is pretty cool too.

Happy days!
    For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also ...
  • I took out a Barclaycard when recommended on this site as Barclaycard said they would give me £25 withing 28 days of my first purchase, they confirmed this in an email to me that I had qualified. However over 30 days have passed since my first purchase and Barclaycard haven't credited me with my £25, and more worryingly they now don't respond to my emails. anyone know who i should report them to for not keeping to their advertised deal?
  • After many phone calls about the free £50 vouchers,they turned up on the 23rd December.But low and behold the numpties have sent the wrong ones :mad:.Have written a polite letter returning the vouchers and asking for the correct ones.What rattled me most was the vouchers were for my mum's christmas pressie,so Ive had to raid the savings to give her the pressie.Things never go smooth for me.:confused:
  • Hi
    I'm new to this so hope this is the right place to post this.
    Current Virgin Media Customers can get £40 off their bill if they apply for a Virgin credit card and make a purchase. See http://uk.virginmoney.com/media/ for more details and the exact terms and conditions.
  • The airmiles deal from LLoyds TSB is now over, no more free 500 points.

Instead they are offering a voucher for 1500 miles, but whatever flight it is used for must include a hotel booking made via the airmiles website. Just for the minimum one night stay, the hotels are expensive and the voucher expires in March 2009.

Unless the voucher is used to complete a long haul flight, basically the routes the budget airlines do not cover like: New York, Tel Aviv, 5,000 or Rio, Bangkok 8,000 points or Sydney, Buenos Aires 10,000 points. In which case you need to get loads of points, (somewhere between 3000 and 8000) between now and March 2009, it seems like a step down from the original offer.

Any current airmiles collectors able to comment on the liklihood of collecting around 3000 points in 1 year 3 months through things like Tesco shopping and Buying petrol at Shell stations?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure