Virgin Media constantly Down

Hi folks, hopefully you can advise me.
I live in the Aldershot area and since Sunday morning we've had virtually zero TV, phone and broadband. The odd repair has allegedly taken place each day and then it just dies again and lost.
Every time I look online on my phone at the status it just tells me they are aware and an engineer is on their way. Each time it comes back on each day, it only lasts an hour or so.
So, apart from just sitting here and waiting for Virgin to eventually find the actual issue and fix for good, where do I stand.
I actually want to call them and tell them to shove their service as it's not what they promise to provide.
Any idea where I stand on this? Can I give them immediate notice or do I have to give them notice like a month? Or am I just tied up somewhere in small print until my 12 months are up?
Many thanks

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 January 2017 at 7:33PM
    Have you spoken to customer services about it ?

Posted on the virgin media forums regarding it, I believe staff frequent the forums.

Have a try contacting the boss of the company

Any neighbours who have VM having the same issues, guessing they are as it won't be just yourself with the issues.

It's not on that you don't have the services your paying for. Whatever you do don't cancel the DD.

I can't help re giving them notice.
  • Cheers for the reply. I did try calling but kept going round in circles and eventually ended up listening to a recorded message about the service being down.

It's back on again now and apparently when the missus went past the Virgin Box, there were loads of vans, an excavator and all sorts there. Maybe they are finally putting the effort in to fix it.

I just hope that this time it stays on - i'm already primed for my compensation conversation but i'd rather it either stayed on or I could get rid to be honest
  • i'm already primed for my compensation conversation but i'd rather it either stayed on or I could get rid to be honest
    "Compensation" will be minimal for a few days (Sunday-Monday? :eek:) without service and cancellation while still in the minimum term will be impossible unless your service has repeated downtime over a far longer period than just two days..

By all means cancel when your twelve months is up, but Virgin is no worse (and no better) than other providers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure