IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Highview PCN Allowed / (won) Appeal Start to Finish

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Should the Memsahib pick up any further unsolicited psrking invoices, (she had two which I swatted aside pre POFA), my next appeal to the scammers will be about breakfast Wheatabix deficiency, followed by a Popla appeal throwing the book at them.

If they don't like it, they know what they can do.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Hey Guys,

I've just picked up a Highview PCN for parking in free parking in Norwich!

I've just emailed them exactly as it says on here....
    Highview Parking Limited
    PO BOX 3573
    Barnet
    EN5 9QA

Friday, 25 April 2014.

I am writing to you in regards to Charge Notice: XXXX Reg: XXXX XXX.

This charge is punitive. Please cancel the charge forthwith or refer the matter to POPLA and provide me with the POPLA code in doing so.

Yours Sincerely

Me....

I'm wondering if you can then email POPLA or do you need to write to them (Once Highview pass me the reference etc)
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hey Guys,

I'm wondering if you can then email POPLA or do you need to write to them (Once Highview pass me the reference etc)

Please start your own thread. That way you will get better help.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • trisontana wrote: »
    Please start your own thread. That way you will get better help.

Sorry, I should have made myself clearer.

I was simply asking bob_ewing if he emailed POPLA or if he wrote to them etc?

I followed / am following the steps he has used so wasnt really asking for help, more so just asking him what he did :)

Seemed daft to start my own thread when bob_ewing has spoken with the exact same company and won :)
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Sorry, I should have made myself clearer.

I was simply asking bob_ewing if he emailed POPLA or if he wrote to them etc?

I followed / am following the steps he has used so wasnt really asking for help, more so just asking him what he did :)

Seemed daft to start my own thread when bob_ewing has spoken with the exact same company and won :)

As he hasn't been on here since 24th January you might have a long wait!
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hey Guys,

no , you cannot email a popla appeal to popla

either you submit it on their web page , OR you post it (or both)
  • fisherjim wrote: »
    As he hasn't been on here since 24th January you might have a long wait!

Ah!! Good point!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Unfortunately, by not going to page one of the forum and not reading the NEWBIES thread yet, you have missed the proper appeal to send. Highview DO NOT consider the short two-liner you quoted as an appeal and WILL NOT send you a POPLA code in response to that. They take umbrage against short responses like that with no 'appeal points'.

Please start again at square one and don't pass 'go' until you've read the 'PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? NEWBIES PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!' thread at the top:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Please read the top thread and re-send the appeal using the template in the top sticky thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi my husband has received a notice from highview parking for parking on sports direct land in east ham, however he wasn't actually parked as he is an auto locksmith and was working on a car parked there where the owner had lost the keys which he replaced onsite so he never actually left the vehicle. After reading all your posts i realised this is a scam and need some advice regarding how to proceed. The notice was given 13 days are the alleged offence and the letter states they got the registered keeper details from the dvla however reading up on this matter i believe this is a breach of the data protection act if this information is requested within 28 days and threfore they can't legally sue us. Does anyone know if this is correct and could you advise how to proceed as i don't want to give these guys our hard earned money if we don't have to but also don't want bailiffs knocking on the door as have young children. Thank you for any help you can give me.
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Start your own thread please. Read the NEWBIES sticky thread before doing so.

If there was no windscreen ticket then the postal PCN has been issued in time per legislation. But this can be made to easily go away - NEWBIES thread. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure