scottish power

Options

Comments

• joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Options
    lefty wrote: »
    Rang Scottish Power this morning on 0800 400 200 much better than 0845 number. As I am also on Fixed Price until 31 August 2009 queried the position relating to coming out of the fixed price and going onto other deals. Was offered 'Saver 6' (3% Lower, same penalty) until Sept 2010. Queried 'Freshstart' and was told that this is a variable rate 5% lower with I believe same penalty. When questioned about the date re-opting out by 31 August was told that if I did not opt out and then decided to go onto another product that I would have until 13 October to do so. Thought that the final date of opt out was 30 September so now totally confused, have Scottish Power moved the date back?
    Hi Leftie, Freshstart is for over 60,s and with certain benefits. I am thinking of going on it.As faras I am aware there is no penalty, it,s just a standard rate reduced by 5%. It guarantees to always match their cheapest rate, Might not be the cheapest overall but it is a better deal than most.
  • matthew57
    matthew57 Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    robt7893 wrote: »
    When I spoke to SP Customer Services Pers a couple of weeks ago, I happened to ask about switching supplier, they informed me that if SP recieved an application for me to switch to another supplier before the 25th august they would penalise me £50, it seems now this penalty date has now moved to the 31st august, have we got an SP Rep at hand to clarify this date issue, there is a bit of confusion here. my feelings are that as long as I have not actually switched suppliers before the 31st august when my contract expires I can't see how I have broken my contract with SP. just because they get an application for me to switch in say 6 weeks time after the 31st is not relevant. I have still honoured my contract to them.

I agree with this point- not being an expert in consumer law, it just seems wrong to apply restrictions on the customer making arrangements which would take effect after the contract has run its full course.
  • robt7893
    robt7893 Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    Just received my paperwork from EDF it has a 12 day cooling off clausein it, so hopefully it will all go through without any penalty.
  • robt7893
    Options
    Sent an E-Mail to SP couple of days ago to confirm I had been opted out of the capped 2010 deal offered on there E-Mail, received a reply back this morning saying I would be put onto the Capped 2010 deal when my present deal ends on 31st, rang SP on 0800 No very nice younge lady answered told me she would make sure I was taken out of the Capped 2010 deal and that the person that replied to my E-Mail would not have known wether I had apted out or not. so what on earth is going on , talk about the blind leading the blind. I also suggested if people received confirmation that SP had received there opt out E-Mail there would be no need to check every move. she was going to pass this on to the powers that be.
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Had my contract from EDF and the direct debit are approximately £30 a month less than they are with Scottish Power.

My £60 hasn't tracked through Topcashback, so I have had to submit a claim, why is nothing ever simple
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    robt7893 wrote: »
    Sent an E-Mail to SP couple of days ago to confirm I had been opted out of the capped 2010 deal offered on there E-Mail, received a reply back this morning saying I would be put onto the Capped 2010 deal when my present deal ends on 31st, rang SP on 0800 No very nice younge lady answered told me she would make sure I was taken out of the Capped 2010 deal and that the person that replied to my E-Mail would not have known wether I had apted out or not. so what on earth is going on , talk about the blind leading the blind. I also suggested if people received confirmation that SP had received there opt out E-Mail there would be no need to check every move. she was going to pass this on to the powers that be.

I`ve opted out of the capped 2010 deal too, i took a screen shot and pasted it into word just to be sure that i have proof in case of any mistakes later.

HTH

SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • ragjoy
    ragjoy Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    Sunnyday wrote: »
    I`ve opted out of the capped 2010 deal too, i took a screen shot and pasted it into word just to be sure that i have proof in case of any mistakes later.

HTH

SD
    thats what i done,infact im looking forward to sp telling me there going to sting me for £50....bring it on sp :D
  • milliemonster
    Options
    Yes well I opted out of the capped 2010 deal too by clicking on the link on the email, then after some warnings on here decided a couple of days ago to email SP to ask for confirmation I wasn't being placed on the capped tariff, they got back to me today and guess what? they WERE processing putting me on the capped tariff, numpties.

So anyone who has simply clicked the link in the email rejecting the capped tariff, I would advise you strongly to either email them separately or phone them and get confirmation you are not be transferred to the capped tariff
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
  • robt7893
    Options
    Paper work from EDF say compared to SP i will be saveing £8.50 on Gas a month and £9.50 a month on Electric, of course we will have to see if things change as the months go on but at this moment in time i am one happy bunny.
  • surfbadger
    Options
    I'm in the process of switching from SP (contract ends 31/8/09) and signed up with EDF on 4th August on the basis that it would take 6-8 weeks to switch.
    Got a letter today from EDF saying they are switching my electricity on 27th August, just over 3 weeks after I signed up and 4 days before my contract with Sp ends, so I shall probably be clobbered £30 at least by SP.
    Phoned EDF to see if the change over date could be put back but they weren't interested. They said it was decided by a 3rd party and basically set in stone. Too late to cancel my contract with them also. Still waiting to hear about the gas.
    I should think anyone signing up now would be ok (but don't take my word for it)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure