Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,274 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Am very tired.
    Still just out of sorts & feeling grumpy & agitated.
    Not sure what this is all about.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    If that ever happens again, lunge at it and try to knock it from the sky. They do that to intimidate, but will certainly back off if it thinks you're looking for self-delivering lunch...
    I'll bear that in mind about seagulls, Z!
    beanielou wrote: »
    Am very tired.
    Still just out of sorts & feeling grumpy & agitated.
    Not sure what this is all about.
    Beanie, do you have a face to face support group, even an online forum, where you can go vent to other sufferers, not like here where with the best will in the world, we haven't shared your experiences? Tiredness and agitation together are absolutely horrible, there's no two ways about it, something like pilates might help, as a calming thing, I don't know.

Wish I could help :kisses3:
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Beanie is the grumpy out of sorts feeling a hormonal thing? I always get a week approx once a month when I feel like that for no reason. I've had my menopause so it's not PMT but it's similar.

Hope you've perked up by now xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Beanie is the grumpy out of sorts feeling a hormonal thing? I always get a week approx once a month when I feel like that for no reason. I've had my menopause so it's not PMT but it's similar.

Hope you've perked up by now xx

Thank you SA.
    It could well be that when I think about it xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    Love love the heat.
    Makes my muscles feel so much more relaxed :)
    Still very tired and quite shoogly.

Am seriously thinking about getting a loan to sort out the fence & falling down fence & dead trees.
    Will ponder further.

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How lovely that the heat feels good to you! Maybe you'll sleep better with your muscles more relaxed - hope so.

Don't know about a loan, beanie, but I'm deffo getting a man with van/labourer in, to pull rotting sheds down and chop the dratted cherry laurel. Hopefully the price isnt too bad - at least you don't need a tree surgeon for dead trees and plants that you loathe!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Options
    Have had a quote for removal of trees & old fence and a replacement.
    Not cheap but hey ho.
    Just a case of how long I can live with it especially with the new footpath directly behind it

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I had the same situation last year. I did the work. It cost a fortune but I felt and feel more secure and I don't regret it :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    October is the earliest that the work can be done.
    Need to come up with a plan!!

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    A cunning one baldrick?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback