Cross Stitch Cafe 2017 - do more of what makes you happy

Comments

• nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Found this free chart doesn't look like it will take long to stitch http://www.cross-stitching.com/chart/free-card-chart-mum

Free%20Mother's%20day%20card.jpg
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all, hope you are all enjoying the long weekend. I have an update on Collecting Shells - been trying to do the hair which is 8 shades of brown (aaaargh). Need to finish her arm and then it's just (just!!) the background. I've been going with this since January 2016 so want it finished now so I can frame it along with the other two I finished earlier. We are redecorating the hallway, stairs and landing this week so these may well go there eventually.
    Gingerbread trio is coming along although this is my lunchtime piece and I had the last week as annual leave.
    Looking forward to seeing your updates :)
    Coxy xx

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af292/coxy11_album/IMG_0700.jpg
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Love the Mother's Day card mmn
    And the collecting shells update is really good coxy.
    I've not really done much on my wolf as I've been busy doing other stuff.
    Hope everyone is well
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • ERICS_MUM
    ERICS_MUM Posts: 3,579 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    The Collecting Shells is fab ! Reminds me of my nearly 2 year old great niece - little girls really do squat like that and poke with their fat little fingers, so sweet.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Oh it's quiet in here! Hope everyone is well.
    I've just stitched a Panel for a tablecloth for the local school they are 50 years old this year and currently still using the one I did for their 40th celebrations so I thought it was fine they had a new one.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Coxy11
    Hi everyone,

Long time no posting. I was away with work for a week in June and took the gingerbread trio with me. Long days meant that my concentration and eyesight wasn't the best. Have managed to complete two of the three gingerbread men and started on the garland border, but went wrong so had to frog it! so annoyed. Anyway, this remains my workplace piece but I haven't managed more than a half hour lunch lately, so it has remained in my desk. My aim is to get this finished and framed for Christmas 2017.

This weekend was fairly quiet on the home front, so I managed to finish knitting up and making up a beehive teacosy (very simple design, just needed the time to actually knit it!!). I also spent last night working on the Collecting Shells design. I've mainly got the background left now and a tiny bit of backstitch. Need it finished so badly!

I am setting up a craft group from September at the church. It's fortnightly and I'm hoping to really crack on with my projects. I have such a long long list of things I want to stitch and knit! Also want to go to Ally Pally in October and have booked the Friday off work to do so. Can't wait to get my fix.

Hope you are all going well,
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • mrs-moneypenny
    I haven't cross stitched for ages, I've been busy with so many other things but I have been rather naughty and acquired two new kits Dh bought me a lovely booth threads one for my birthday it's all stitched in black on handdyed Aida and I've got another Christmas stocking to do for a grandchild expected in January. If that doesn't bring back my stitching mojo nothing will.
    SPC~12 ot 124

• Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    Bump bump how is everyone? Are we busy busy stitching?
  • Dorastar
    Dorastar Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    Popping in to say helloooooo. Used to be on here a few years ago but then life got extremely busy and I fell off the forums. Still cross stitching and crafting but also just lost my job so money saving is now the main priority as is getting a new job. In the meantime there's always crafting using all the stuff I already own
    Mortgage £128,626 going down slowly
  • Coxy11
    Hi all,
    Yes still here :) Welcome back Dorastar! I hope you manage to find a new job soon - my DH was out for 13 months so I feel your pain, it's not good.
    I haven't stitched this week....yet! Gym tonight and the ironing pile is calling. We go away for a week on Saturday so I will pop a small project in the case with me. I'm just getting used to have varifocals (first week) so this will be a real test if I can craft with them, and actually see what I'm doing lol!
    Hope all are well.
    Coxy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure