London Capital & Finance - Bonds

Comments

• Sorry, but I could not find out how to start a new post. Does anyone know anything about Essex and London Properties plc. Thay are supposed to buy old properties in London and Essex and renovate them. They have offered me an investment in the business.
  • TrustyOven
    TrustyOven Posts: 746 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    Superscrooge, Bail-In is for some reason waking up any thread he can find about LC&F.
    This one was 8 months dormant before he poked it with his blunt stick.
    I must be missing something, because I only see Superscrooge poking this thread and not Bail-In...

Was Bail-In's post in this thread deleted?
    Goals
    Save £12k in 2017 #016 (£4212.06 / £10k) (42.12%)
    Save £12k in 2016 #041 (£4558.28 / £6k) (75.97%)
    Save £12k in 2014 #192 (£4115.62 / £5k) (82.3%)
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,596 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry, but I could not find out how to start a new post. Does anyone know anything about Essex and London Properties plc. Thay are supposed to buy old properties in London and Essex and renovate them. They have offered me an investment in the business.

No, but why would you invest unless you already have millions in mainstream investments?
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    TrustyOven wrote: »
    I must be missing something, because I only see Superscrooge poking this thread and not Bail-In...

Was Bail-In's post in this thread deleted?

Yes. They have been removed.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Does anyone know anything about Essex and London Properties plc. Thay are supposed to buy old properties in London and Essex and renovate them. They have offered me an investment in the business.

We know little more than what you have posted, which is that they offer ultra-high-risk investments with potential for 100% capital loss and that they spuriously use the term "plc" to imply they are a publicly listed firm when they are not. By "offered" do you mean they cold called you?
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Sorry, but I could not find out how to start a new post. Does anyone know anything about Essex and London Properties plc. Thay are supposed to buy old properties in London and Essex and renovate them. They have offered me an investment in the business.

Navigate to a forum you want to post in.
    Click "New Thread"
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Malthusian wrote: »
    We know little more than what you have posted, which is that they offer ultra-high-risk investments with potential for 100% capital loss and that they spuriously use the term "plc" to imply they are a publicly listed firm when they are not. By "offered" do you mean they cold called you?

The use of the 'term' PLC is not "spurious", it's determined by law.

Any company can be a PLC rather than a LTD by meeting the minimum capital and other requirements.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Jo2016 wrote: »
    Are the fixed rate bonds with London Capital & Finance as good as they appear? Their interest rates are much better than anything else available at the moment.

London Capital & Finance appears to be running a comparatively new business. It made a profit in 2016, but only has net assets of £26k - an improvement on the deficit of £190k they showed in 2015. (Presumably a result of their previous incarnation as Sales Aid finance etc.)

They claim that their lending is secured, and that the loan to value ratio is 15%.

Reward often comes with risk. It's a judgement call.

Info and latest accounts can be found here.
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08140312
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    antrobus wrote: »
    The use of the 'term' PLC is not "spurious", it's determined by law.

We have frequently seen companies offering high risk unregulated investments use PLC after their name to imply that they are bigger or more well-established than they are. That is what I mean by spurious. In the case of "Essex and London Properties" they are not even registered as a plc so either the OP has misheard or they have been misinformed.
  • Thanks for the information. I have sent Essex and London Plc packing. They were not pleased and tried to chastise me for 'leading them on'. What kind of businesses are we nurturing in this country?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure