Creation Card Statement inaccuracy

Options
My latest Creation statement does not add up; they have it at £6.86 more than I calculate. Just wondered if anyone else has had similar issues ?
I've sent them a secure message to ask them to check, and usually would expect me to have an error in my spreadsheet or a missing transaction, but I have just spent 40 minutes going through it all, matching everything, and the difference still occurs.
Karma is a wonderful thing. ;)

Comments

• Ebe_Scrooge
    Options
    If you've kept a spreadsheet of your transactions it should be pretty simple to see either a transaction you haven't accounted for, or else a transaction that was for more than you expected. In either of these cases you can query it with them. Either that, or it could be interest ?
  • PeacefulWaters
    Options
    Interest on a cash transaction is the most likely guess for anybody who doesn't have access to the statement or your spreadsheet.

But then that would appear on your statement.
  • jonnyb
    jonnyb Posts: 599 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have checked everything. There is nothing on the statement which is not on my spreadsheet; nothing to account for a £6.86 difference. I even took time to re-order my spreadsheet, so it mirrors exactly the statement, and confirmed line by line all the amounts.
    It's frustrating so I will wait to see what response I get from them, thanks.
  • HogMan
    HogMan Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Was going to suggest maybe a transposition error on your spreadsheet, but that would normally divide by 9?
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm not clear, are you saying that the entries on the statement do not add up to the total on the statement? If that's the case, then ring up Creation and ask them to explain it. Or, if there aren't a lot of entries, post the numbers on here and we can add them up see if our arithmetic agrees with yours.
  • jonnyb
    jonnyb Posts: 599 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Short answer is user error, the most common cause of problems like this. When I was trying to copy values onto here, the plain text format highlighted that one of the numbers was not a negative on the spreadsheet. But I had missed it because it was formatted in red, so I had assumed it was a negative.
    And the value of £3.43 being positive caused the difference of £6.86.

I am off to chastise myself some more.
  • PeacefulWaters
    Options
    jonnyb wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. Short answer is user error, the most common cause of problems like this. When I was trying to copy values onto here, the plain text format highlighted that one of the numbers was not a negative on the spreadsheet. But I had missed it because it was formatted in red, so I had assumed it was a negative.
    And the value of £3.43 being positive caused the difference of £6.86.

I am off to chastise myself some more.
    Good of you to come back and admit it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family