Sainsbury's CC

Options
Applied online 9 days ago for a balance transfer - heard nothing so phoned today to be told I had been declined - was offer a recorded explanation as to why I was unsuccessful. Recording only explained that they had used Experian to make their lending decision. Went straight to my Experian report which shows me as "excellent" credit score? Was told I could write (pen and paper plus postage) to them to request an explanation - not going to bother. Was up and running with Barclays within actual minutes - what is going on at Sainsbury's?

Comments

• Officer_Dibble
    Options
    There may have been enough evidence from Experian that they wouldn't make enough money from you - ie you might make full use of an interest free period and then pay off in full. Their card, their decision.
    4.7kWp (12 * Hyundai S395VG) facing more or less S + 3.6kW Growatt inverter + 6.5kWh Growatt battery. SE London/Kent. Fitted 03/22 £1,025/kW + battery £2495

• RichL74
    RichL74 Posts: 938 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You didn't fit their criteria.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Could be for anyone of a thousand reasons -income, debts, limits, history, profile, new business targets.

The only thing it won't be due to is the imaginary Experian credit score.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure