Where do you buy your tights?

Options

Comments

• sillyvixen
    sillyvixen Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Primark for me!

And me, with the thicker tights still lasting wash after wash, they may not last quite as long as the more expensive brands but the cost difference still saves money even if I have to replace them more often.

I did buy a really expensive pair of 10 denier tights for my wedding, but managed to ladder them before getting them past my knees and had to resort to my spare pair of pre worn and washed (several times) primark light coloured 15 denier pair instead.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
  • Soph1988
    Soph1988 Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    I swear by Boots tights - always perfect!
  • Sephs
    Sephs Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies.

Lots of votes for M&S. I splurged and bought some Autograph ones which are amazing, but I'm not keen on the regular tights they sell. No stretch and a weird square toe shape! Maybe I just need to try a different type.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I wear different brands - Asda bodyshaper, M&S bodysensor, Sainsburys thermal, Primark and the odd Tesco pair. My first choice are Asda - comfy, good fit, wash well and nice toe finish.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Floss wrote: »
    I wear different brands - Asda bodyshaper, M&S bodysensor, Sainsburys thermal, Primark and the odd Tesco pair. My first choice are Asda - comfy, good fit, wash well and nice toe finish.
    Don’t do Asda, they sag between your legs (sorry if TMI) and are horribly uncomfortable. I vote m&s too!
    So it just goes to show it's probably down to body shape (or maybe the size you buy).
    It's a personal thing and you just have to try brands until you get what suits you as an individual.
  • Sephs
    edited 5 December 2017 at 12:24PM
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    So it just goes to show it's probably down to body shape (or maybe the size you buy).
    It's a personal thing and you just have to try brands until you get what suits you as an individual.
    Very true. I was just wondering whether there was a holy grail of hosiery that everybody knew about except me! :rotfl:
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2017 at 10:53PM
    Options
    I have some fantastic tights. They've got two seams up the back of the bum instead of the usual one and they fit really well, they're comfortable and they don't roll down. Problem is I can't remember where I got them or what type they are. The last two pairs are now getting bobbly and close to unwearable.

I've been thinking about going into M&S or somewhere and asking but I'm afraid they'll turn out to be maternity tights that I'm wearing back to front.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • Sephs
    Options
    Ames wrote: »
    I have some fantastic tights. They've got two seams up the back of the bum instead of the usual one and they fit really well, they're comfortable and they don't roll down. Problem is I can't remember where I got them or what type they are. The last two pairs are now getting bobbly and close to unbearable.

I've been thinking about going into M&S or somewhere and asking but I'm afraid they'll turn out to be maternity tights that I'm wearing back to front.

They sound great! I'm wondering whether maternity tights might be worthwhile looking at, as I like the waistband to sit over my stomach. I'm not too worried about my tights falling down as I wear a pair of knickers over them to keep them up! :D
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This is a very easy answer. I needed several pairs of different coloured 100 denier opaque tights for stage performances and have found the best place to get them is Gipsy tights online. They are very reasonable priced, look of a high quality and are very comfortable to wear. I am male, 5' 11'' and of average build and find the 100 denier classic opaque tights in size XL the best for me. Hope this helps.

The post you are replying to is from 2017 so problem now been solved. Doubt the OP will even look at your reply in fact they have not been posting since last year.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    This is a very easy answer. I needed several pairs of different coloured 100 denier opaque tights for stage performances and have found the best place to get them is Gipsy tights online. They are very reasonable priced, look of a high quality and are very comfortable to wear. I am male, 5' 11'' and of average build and find the 100 denier classic opaque tights in size XL the best for me. Hope this helps.
    I'm have to say that I'm usually very sceptical about new posters who recommend companies.

But I've had a look at the company information - Textiliana was incorporated in 1957 and the Gypsy brand has apparently been in business for 3 generations.
    They're sold on Amazon.
    They have an amazing array of colours in the 100 denier opaque range.

I wouldn't buy black because Primark 100 denier fit me well enough but as I wear thick coloured tights a lot, I think I may be looking at buying from this company in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure