NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June

Comments

• misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Haven't managed on for a few days, now up to 3NSDs and if I don't spend anything today, that will make 4 :)

No exercise done so far this month other than usual walk to and from work. I'm finally feeling much better, last day of antibiotics today and am off work at the weekend so will go for a run then.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10542.72/£15000 (70.3% saved). Emergency fund - £1402.24/£1500 (93.5% saved).
  • mrshubbard
    mrshubbard Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Another NSD for me - 3 so far :) Claiming it early as all we're doing tonight is voting then round to inlaws for tea.

Thriftylass I leave my purse at home too as I know if I have change on me at work I'll succumb to a vending machine/ someone asking if I want anything from the chippy
    1 debt vs 100 days -
    Debtfree by Xmas
    NST - 1/18 NSDs £54/£250 food 0/£60spends
    Debts - CC1-[STRIKE]£4438.89[/STRIKE] £4329.82 CC2-[STRIKE]4560.38[/STRIKE] £3672.52 CC3-[STRIKE]£10,326[/STRIKE]£10,155.85 CC4 - [STRIKE]£3286[/STRIKE]
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Lost 1lb last week - better than putting it on.
    The rain is pouring down but I managed a walk to the polling station and round a bit.
    Another NSD - I actually managed to resist buying a piece of YS beef because we didn't really need it.
    Can anyone tell me if it's worthwhile having a smart meter installed? I keep getting literature from Scottish Power and now they've started canvassing for appointments?
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    I have gained a lb but I will admit that I am binge eating as I go through this rough patch.
    However, managed a NSD today.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Another run after work under my belt. Please with myself for going out even thou bf isn't, I'm always tempted to go 'he's not, so I don't have to'.

Also more housey news, we've had all our documents from the seller. Our conveyancer is preparing our statement to pay, then we can agree a completion date! Seller wants 10th July, which we're happy with.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]NSD's 4/20 No. 4 achieved today.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]3 exercise sessions a week 3/3 - Two Runs :D [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Extra fitness session 10,000 daily goal. Under again today, by about 1,000. I think I (and Duncan) need that 3rd walk after dinner.[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Reject consumerism Nothing bought.[/FONT]
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Evening everyone,

Sorry for not posting so much... Tuesday ended up being a spend day as I had to get a friend a last minute birthday present (bad planning!) and Wednesday ended up also being a spend day as I took myself off to the cinema - twice! One was planned, and one because I wanted to be out the house when my housemate invited his a*hole of an ex around.

Today however = NSD number 4 ;)

On the subject of sabotage... I could probably write a book haha! That said, at the moment I've just lost my enthusiasm for everything. No gym, mindfulness, can't be bothered cooking... I'm just keeping a detached eye on myself in case I'm sliding post depression medication withdrawal - or waiting to see if it's just because I've had a few stressful days on top of dull, miserable weather. Everyone has blue days - that's normal... so am not panicking just yet.

Sabotage though... it will often be buying in food I should have as a 'treat' but instead of getting 1 pack, I'll buy several, especially if on offer - meaning to just have 1/week. They always end up going over the course of 1-2 days. I know this when I buy - but I buy anyway! I'll set my alarm early to meditate - then get up, switch on my computer or phone, knowing I'll be distracted and run out of time. No self-discipline.

Why do I do it?!? I know moderating my diet and mindfulness are good for me - so why would I not want to do those things?!? It's the naughty child within rebelling against the well-meaning strict adult within lol. I'm still working on getting them to come to a working compromise haha.

Today I am grateful for:
    • The support and laughs shared over the years with a colleague who left today. I wish her every success and happiness!
    • Shared company with housemates parents who visited
    • For being able to offer comfort to someone in need
    Have a great evening folks x
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for lovely colleagues helping me out, for finding something I had lost, for finishing a task I've been working on for several months, for big sis' bday parcel arriving on time, for stuffing some bunny limbs and bodies, for casting my vote, for dd enjoying taekwondo, for dh having an extra day's work tomorrow, for the tennis, for polly p0ckets providing hours of fun still.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Thank you turtles for your tales of sabotage. Knowing what they are is a good thing as it enables us to come up with a plan :D.

I too get the afternoon munchies and despite knowing they'll come and get me, I often reach for quick food rather than having prepared something. I'd put myself on this month's naughty treadmill, but my damaged toe means I'd fall off the back, so I'll go in the weights corner instead!

Abundant - I have a rule that I do my quiet time stuff first thing, and I do not swipe that tantalising email icon umtil afterwards. Otherwise, the time goes and the day has not had a good start... So easily done.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Went with mum to the infirmary yesterday, seen very quickly and no anaesthesia so I stayed with her for a while but came home to sleep. Slept well but still sluggish this morning. Pushed myself to go and meet my 'local history/ self improvement/ mutual support partner' but was quite glad he wasn't there.

There is a problem with the house phone but I haven't been at home for long enough to start sorting it out. Spent about an hour just sitting (and eating) then a half hour chat with my counsellor, just to help me clarify a couple of things I'm mulling over. Walked there but did the £1 bus hop back, then walked to vote but carried on to the taxi office and went back to mum's.

Mr and Mrs Builder asked if I had come to help them install the kitchen. Mum wants a spice rack so I have to do an internet trawl for one more like she wants or settle for one that actually exists and deliver it back tomorrow so the Builders can put it up before they finish. As always we talked through any problems (mum wanted shelves but the stud wall couldn't take much weight) and suggested things until we came up with a solution (open shelving aka cupboard without a door) on the end wall next to the window, having checked that mum can reach things there). Floor is being laid on Monday.

Found details of mum's appointment for next Tuesday (4 handbags I had to trawl through), brought all the old appointment letters home - will make up a 'medical history' with dates when things happened (also took the 3 years I have already sorted into date order from the file box) and some receipts for work done which are only really needed when selling the bungalow.

I will go on the naughty step as I have bought sandwich meals yesterday and today. I made wraps to take to the hospital but as I didn't know if I was staying over and as mum had no working kitchen I bought a different sandwich and drink. This saved my mum money as she offered to buy them at the hospital and they were dearer. As it was, she sent me to buy a sandwich for her and we both drank the water I had taken (hospital is now a costalot franchise).

I will go out at nine as I should be able to get ys bread and will make some sandwiches up for the freezer.

Looking forward to my bath (only time for a quick wash this morning).

Today I am grateful for my washing line not breaking (doubled up with several nicks in it and 2 winter duvets on it), for time to relax and unwind and for simple food (made toasted fruit loaf for tea at mum's).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Been doing well this week - budgetted and time constrained purchases only so I'm counting them as NSD's.

Need to do the weeks grocery shopping today though so will have a mental trawl to see if there is anything on line I need to do at the same time.

My self-sabotage is going into shops to get my steps in for the day, just for a look round and without leaving my wallet at home. Normally on days when I haven't been to the gym so am depressed already. Or staying in bed in the morning rather than jumping up and getting dressed. If I'm still in my dressing gown when DH goes to work, I'm a train wreck waiting to happen.

Today I am in my gym kit. Going to clear kitchen, pack my bag (2hrs dog walking in the rain with a friend later)

DSis arrives this evening. We are off to an Indian cookery course tomorrow. Yum.

Have a great day people.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills