VICTORIAPLUMB.COM - any experience with this company?

Comments

• dc197
    dc197 Posts: 812
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    We ordered two samples of tiles.
    The tiles were large (12" long) and arrived wrapped poorly and stacked touching eachother with no padding in between them.
    Both were broken.
    Good job they were only samples, but I was still not very impressed with them.
  • dermonte
    dermonte Posts: 159 Forumite
    Oh my! I have a vanity unit a sink and mirror cabinet still in box unopened waiting in my house. Delivered by vp last week. Builders due to start on the work from 1st august. So never inspected the items. I shall open the box and have a look inside them as soon as I am at home from work. Although I am happy with the service I have received so far. I booked next day delivery and they arrived next day, looked very secure on a pallet.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,086
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I needed a little bit of rubber than goes at the bottom of the glass bath screen https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/uniblade-shower-screen-seal

Wanted it urgently as visitors were coming and I couldn't remove the mould off the 10 year old original. My need was a whim and urgency due to procrastination

£16.95 plus £6.95 shipping.

They did not have one in my local store but could order one to arrive after my visitors had gone.

So I went to my local timber merchant, for something else and they reminded me that there was a plumbers merchant on another industrial estate, about a mile away.

and off I went and for just £6.95 I got a better quality version. They had 3 in stock.

My conclusion to this based on a random sample of one, is that Victoria Plumb are taking the !!!!.

2 different companies however:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04079213/officers

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04177694/officers
  • Prothet_of_Doom
    Prothet_of_Doom Posts: 3,257
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    robatwork wrote: »

What the XXXX ? Both as bad as each other then ?
  • craigyboy83
    craigyboy83 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 19 June 2017 at 10:37AM
    WARNING ABOUT VICTORIA PLUM
    Ignore the glowing reviews on Trust Pilot. You can only leave a review within a 12 months period of purchase. We bought a complete bathroom from Victoria Plum. Initially we had problems prior to installation with two cracked toilet bowls and a broken shower tap. My plumber said he would never install a Victoria Plum bathroom again. After installation the bathroom looked great, but fast forward 2 years, both bath taps have broken, the chrome has completely peeled off the shower door handle and brackets. The shower drain cover has also broken and my basin tap has also stated to peel. We are unable to buy replacement parts for the shower so now have to buy a new bathroom suite. The only item still in great condition is the bath, but we then again, we bought that from The Bath Store. Victoria Plum now offer 5 year warranties on the showers, not much help to me and customers will still need to pay for a plumber to rip out and re-install replacement products so my advice is to stay away from their cheap products as buying from Victoria Plum works out more expensive in the long run.
  • manda1205
    manda1205 Posts: 2,366
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I must admit I agree with you craigboy. We purchased a bath mixer from them, guaranteed for 5 years. It was fine for just over a year and then it got really stiff to turn, after many phone calls they finally sent another replacement. Its now been another year and this one has now done the same thing. We're buying a new cartridge from eBay as can't be bothered to try and get another off them but I certainly won't buy from them again. Oh and we also bought a bath from them a few years ago, that has now got a chip in it, don't remember dropping anything and the worst that would have been dropped is shower gel bottles etc.
  • LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    manda1205 wrote: »
    I must admit I agree with you craigboy. We purchased a bath mixer from them, guaranteed for 5 years. It was fine for just over a year and then it got really stiff to turn, after many phone calls they finally sent another replacement. Its now been another year and this one has now done the same thing. We're buying a new cartridge from eBay as can't be bothered to try and get another off them but I certainly won't buy from them again. Oh and we also bought a bath from them a few years ago, that has now got a chip in it, don't remember dropping anything and the worst that would have been dropped is shower gel bottles etc.

I really don't think you can fairly blame them for this.
  • manda1205
    manda1205 Posts: 2,366
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Maybe, maybe not. Our previous bath had been in for years and sustained dropped shower gel bottles. After the tap going wrong it just makes you re-evaluate their quality of products. Most people leave reviews early on after purchase when really we should review after a year to give a better view. I don't as I forget but resurrecting this thread has made me change my review for the tap anyway.
  • merzal
    merzal Posts: 290
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Forumite
    Wish I'd read this thread before my husband ordered our bathroom! Everything arrived on time and intact but there has been a few issues, just waiting for them to get in touch about a towel rail that couldn't be fitted as the inside was corroded (couldn't tell when I checked the delivery). I had ordered the upstairs bathroom from there too but very quickly cancelled that!
    [STRIKE]CC1: £354.35 / £354.35[/STRIKE]
    CC2: £390 / £1475.98
    Boiler: £1500 / £2500
    [STRIKE]Overdraft: £1000 / £1000[/STRIKE]
    Emergency Fund : £20
  • Sadly unwilling to help when after 2 years normal use my cabinet door came off. Apparently not a manufacturing fault so 25 years guarantee means nothing.
    Morale is if you buy one of their units, don't use the door!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure