Breaking Through, Travelling On

Comments

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 29 August 2015 at 5:50PM
    ...and here I thought you were being cleaver...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

next year is a leap year so I was guessing 366-3, so the 3 on the left plus the 363 on the right totalled 366...

...teach me to read too much into it!:D;):o
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • I like the day countdown best.
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Karmacat wrote: »
    this is why I don't work in finance admin any more

Tell me about it - at one point in my life I was a walking calendar for months ahead - now I barely know what day it is! :rotfl:
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: oh good grief, what did I do!

Yep, I'm with SHS, and my own need for simplicity - a day countdown it is. So today is ... day 362 (I think). Counting 26 August as day 1 (because I'll still be working on that day, if clients book in).

So my first post each day will start with what day it is, good heavens, that will really concentrate my mind :D

Had a good day out yesterday, and chatting away, I also realised another possible income source for the future - renting out a room via bnb on an occasional basis. I checked out the website, and there's a bloke in my town who rents out a small single for £30 a night - an average of once a week would net me £100 a month, very roughly. If I needed to do it. I wouldn't do it straight away, I'd be looking at the writing to provide, via the blogs, kindle and elance, maybe textbroker too, though I haven't managed to get back there after I passed the test :o

Might manage to get into the garden, might be an indoors day - its a bit rainy here :D Oh, but also around yesterday's chats, will be digging out my exercise videos - Guardian article about the role of exercise in combatting low-level inflammation looks important :j
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • rtandon27
    edited 31 August 2015 at 11:30AM
    Karmacat wrote: »
    ...its a bit rainy here :D ...

Only a bit? We've been keeping an eye out the window to flag down Noah when he floats by!;)

KC - just loving that you will start your post each day with the count! You are right it will really keep you focused!

Interesting that you are considering Air B&B - I've been toying with suggesting it to my mom across the pond as she has a self-contained basement apartment!

Off now to unpack another box from our move :) & then wade through the e-mail box which is overflowing at 700 e-mails!!!:o:o:o

PS - another bowl of blackberries devoured yesterday from the patch behind the barn - not one has mde it into the freezer!
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,694 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Hello :hello:

LOVE the idea of your day countdown KC! That certainly will focus the mind! :j And I love the amount of different things you have going on as income streams :j Very jolly :D
  • Karmacat
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    Only a bit? We've been keeping an eye out the window to flag down Noah when he floats by!;)
    I love that :j:j:j
    KC - just loving that you will start your post each day with the count! You are right it will really keep you focused!
    Yep, drifting by doesn't really cut it any more :p
    Interesting that you are considering Air B&B - I've been toying with suggesting it to my mom across the pond as she has a self-contained basement apartment!
    Self contained would be brilliant - I'd have to share everything, so it wouldn't be particularly brilliant. Unless I had a camper van by then, and I could live in it for a few days each month :D
    Off now to unpack another box from our move :) & then wade through the e-mail box which is overflowing at 700 e-mails!!!:o:o:o

PS - another bowl of blackberries devoured yesterday from the patch behind the barn - not one has mde it into the freezer!
    Good luck with all that! And as for the blackberries - doesn't matter *when* you enjoy them, as long as you *do* enjoy them :j

LOVE the idea of your day countdown KC! That certainly will focus the mind! :j And I love the amount of different things you have going on as income streams :j Very jolly :D
    Thanks Cheery :j You led the way with patchwork lifestyle and funding, you know, you picked up the zeitgeist long before it was common (and the *idea* is becoming common, if not the reality :) ).

:beer:
  • Karmacat
    So, in the spirit of focussing, a little list for today, prioritised, I think :o :

- cleaning, as I'm working today.
    - 1.5 hours paid work.
    - write to my lovely sister in law.
    - write to my American cousin.
    - business email.
    - apples to process and freeze, plus a few plums, if I don't do them today, they're going to go off :o

Those are really the essentials for today. For the rest of this week:
    - weeding, and processing the resulting rubbish outwards.
    - cat blog.
    - nicking my lovely blog mentor's idea about advertising writing on my blogs, thanking the Powers That Be that our blogs don't compete for the same market :T
    - tidying, so things are .... tidier :D
    - one element of tidying is doing my accounts, sob ... I definitely want to get those done before deepest winter, less stressful that way.

Can't believe this is September! Day 361 :D:j week 52 :)
  • Sounds a nice varied list for today and the rest of the week too, KC:T

I love your retirement countdown monitor:j. So exciting! I just wish I'd planned my actual retirement a lot better, somehow I just drifted into it. I knew when it was going to happen of course, I just didn't take full advantage of the run-up to it. I really envy your foresight:A

I've got masses of apples to do something with, it's such a shame to see them go to waste. Problem is I only have a small freezer so I'm not too sure of the most space-saving way of using them:o
  • rtandon27
    ...I've got masses of apples to do something with, it's such a shame to see them go to waste. Problem is I only have a small freezer so I'm not too sure of the most space-saving way of using them:o

CBC - try applesauce & then freeze it - great warmed over crumble or ice cream - also good in a breakfast smoothie to sweeten it up...

Of course if you ever find a dehydrater on fr33cycle or in a charity shop, dehydrated apple crisps are devine! & take up very little room!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport