Easyjet Price Promise

Hi All
I have (for the first time) called Easyjet to take advantage of their price promise. I originally booked a return flight for £117 and it has now been reduced to £75. So, in my mind I am expecting a voucher for £42 (I booked 2 tickets so total should be £84). However, I was given a voucher for £52 and was told that I only get the difference back on the ticket price and not the taxes etc.
My understanding was that the refund would be for the whole of the difference. Has anyone else experience this?

Comments

• No but it makes sense. Taxes stay the same, it is the ticket price that changes.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    No but it makes sense. Taxes stay the same, it is the ticket price that changes.

If the taxes remained the same it must have beeen the ticket price that reduced by £42 surely.
  • As the price promise is for each single (one way) flight, is perhaps one sector only reduced because it's on some sort of promotional offer? The price promise doesn't apply to those prices.
  • As the price promise is for each single (one way) flight, is perhaps one sector only reduced because it's on some sort of promotional offer? The price promise doesn't apply to those prices.

The flight out wasn't affected, it was just the return flight and there wasn't any promotional offer. I'm just confused because if the total flight price has come down by £42 and I'm only being given £26 that must mean that the taxes have gone up by£16. It's not alot of money, but I just want to understand as I can't find anyone else who has been told this.
  • I called Easyjet today so they could explain the difference to me - still none the wiser.
    First call was cut off after explaining my query to the customer service operator and then waiting 20 minutes.
    Second call was cut off after I had explained my query - she obviously didn't want to deal with me.
    Third and fourth calls were just cut off after being on hold for 20 minutes,
    Fifth call I got someone who was trying to help, but couldn't even provide me with the breakdown of what I had paid in the first place.

So I have learnt a lesson and won't be wasting anymore time on the phone to Easyjet even though I think they've short changed me. The sad thing is that to use the voucher I've been given I have to call to make my booking. Can't say I'm looking forward to that one!
  • antenna
    antenna Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Where i stay in the uk we dont have a landline, so i claimed my price drop voucher using a mobile phone...cost me around 4/5 pounds of my credit as at first the refund was denied.......and after my protest was allowed.....only 20 euros tho..
    Then i tried to use it while in spain........after going thru all the faff of recorded messages on the customer service phoneline then to book two flights then being put on hold for a while all in all around 10 minutes calling from spain,then while waiting for my debit card payment to authorise at the end of the proces they diconnected the call and i was left in limbo....anyone want a voucher!
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure