IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge Notice - NPM Ltd.. Advice please

Lions1815
Lions1815 Posts: 1 Newbie
Would greatly appreciate any further help or advice please, have read through the 'Newbie' thread and found it very helpful but not sure what to do for the best next.

Parking Charge Notice
NPM - National Parking Management Ltd (IPC)
Northampton
Parking Charge Notice - Postal

"We have issued Parking Charge Notice (PCN number) to your vehicle because it was parked in a manner whereby the driver became liable for a parking charge at Unadopted Road Entrance To St Edmunds Hospital.." - This hospital has been derelict for about 19 years and the unadopted road entrance is a road between the derelict hospital and a Tesco store, which I was visiting.
It does have a sign up on the wall of the derelict hospital from NPM (attached) but no yellow lines or marked parking bays.

The sign says the following:
"Vehicles must be parked fully within a marked parking bay" - There are no marked parking bays at this 'Hospital'.
"Images may be captured and retained for enforcement purposes" - Can only assume this means the enforcer would take a photo as there are no cameras for parking purposes.
"A valid permit must be displayed clearly in the front windscreen" - There would be no such permit.

Have spoken to the manager at Tesco and it appears they're not happy with the amount of complaints they're receiving from customers like myself receiving a 'Parking Charge Notice'.

Apologies if I've been a bit vague but please ask any questions.

Many thanks in advance

(Apologies as a new user I'm unable to post with links but I do have photos)

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 9 June 2017 at 9:44PM
    The newbies FAQ thread advises what to do.

Bearing in mind this is an IPC company, read up again and send in the letter for an IPC operation then wait and see if they attempt court action
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,222 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    The advice in the NEWBIES is to send the IPC template letter, then ignore everything thereafter except real court papers. In addition try to get a landowner cancellation.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Lions1815 wrote: »
    Have spoken to the manager at Tesco and it appears they're not happy with the amount of complaints they're receiving from customers like myself receiving a 'Parking Charge Notice'.

And this is the key to get cancellation.

A warning complaint to the Tesco CEO about losing your business
    and that of others
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family