travel advisory line

Options
Hi

I have had a random phone call from travel advisory line stating I can claim compensation if I went on an all inclusive holiday to a country that fell below the recommended hygiene standards within the last three years .
I mentioned I had visited Tenerife and he said it was on the list and tour operators have put aside money to pay out compensation.
This seems too good to be true as just to claim for going on holiday to the country without havinga ny illness due to the hygiene levels seems strange.
I am wary that this may be a scam , has anyone come across this

Comments

• missbiggles1
    missbiggles1 Posts: 17,481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I certainly think someone's pulling somebody's leg.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So what exactly is the bargain here?
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    "...we need some details to set up a file. Could you please provide your bank account and pin number, and we'll be in touch soon".
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This seems too good to be true as just to claim for going on holiday to the country without havinga ny illness due to the hygiene levels seems strange.
    I am wary that this may be a scam , has anyone come across this

ambulance chasers hoping to find someone who was actually ill. getting compensation for going on holiday to a particular country is garbage..you didn''t really think that was true...
    http://leadnews.co.uk/holiday-companies-now-paying-compensation-up-to-40000-for-holiday-food-poisoning/
    I guess for every call I get about the "accident I had in the last 2 years..." or the "PPI I need to reclaim" they will get the odd call where they have"
  • BenNanch86
    Options
    Yes I've had the same call today - I'm really not sure what to make of it. I can't get hold of my tour operator either. I went on Holiday in 2013 and according to them I'm still eligible. They compare it to the PPI scandal - I'm not so sure. What are your thoughts?
  • Archergirl
    Archergirl Posts: 1,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Step away from the scammers, why would they give you money you don't deserve?
  • missbiggles1
    missbiggles1 Posts: 17,481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Archergirl wrote: »
    Step away from the scammers, why would they give you money you don't deserve?

Scammers and spammers IMO.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,735 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    BenNanch86 wrote: »
    Yes I've had the same call today - I'm really not sure what to make of it. I can't get hold of my tour operator either. I went on Holiday in 2013 and according to them I'm still eligible. They compare it to the PPI scandal - I'm not so sure. What are your thoughts?

You weren't missold anything. You went on holiday. You (presumably) had a good time. You were not ill, regardless of some potentially fictitious hygiene standards. What on earth makes you think this means you are owed money? Money for what? Nothing happened!
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    Bloody hell. What will these ambulance chasing companies think of next?

As if Tenerife falls beneath hygiene levels, and is if tour operators have put aside money to pay out compensation. ROFLMAO :rotfl:
  • leylandsunaddict
    Options
    BenNanch86 wrote: »

Eligible for what? Being scammed? - undoubtedly, compensation for nothing? - hahaha.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure