Halifax and BOS closing my accounts

Options

Comments

• adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    In the past I have around £30,000 (?) money movement in a month in LBG. I am currently doing weekly movement from LBG + TSB to another UK banks worth more than £50.000 a month to maximise interest and some short of stoozing. All of that in a very short period, a few second up to 2-3 days.

I have personal experience dealing with the incompetent staff when tried to open a new bank account in LBG. They keep asking me why you have so much money come in and out in your bank accounts every month. I keep telling her that to maximize interest, but she still could not understand might be due to her lacking of experience. Only with the intervention of her supervisor I could escape. The senior staff only asked one question to me how much money you have in total in UK bank account. When they know I have more than £50, 000,- spread among UK banks he said I could not see any problem at all.

Sometimes it is a matter of luck, you get pick up by either of a picky staff, an inexperience staff, a lazy staff who does not want to investigate further and you are out of luck. You could call them an idiot who should never be working in the finance industry in the first instance. The problem here is that it is not in your control who you be dealing with.
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So, I did DSAR for Lloyds and for HBOS, still awaiting receipt of HBOS data but now have the Lloyds stuff. Waded through it and notable findings as follows:

- customer notes did not shed any further light on why accounts were closed. On 2.2.16 (the date of issue of my closure letters) there is an entry saying "all accounts pended for 60 days following a central review. Accounts to be closed on 4.4.16. Accounts to operate as normal until closure date therefore credits and debits as normal". Then entry for each account on 4.4.16 saying "account closed by ACU following central review of account. ACU / HR / SE".

- under the list of enquiries for each of my accounts there are regular Enquiries under standard descriptions such as Full, Monthly Range Balances, Standing Order Summary, etc that all occur typically multiple times each month since account opening and I assume just part of the day to day account operating. However, there was one entry 'Enquiry name and address for account' that only appeared once and it was the day after my closure letters were issued.

- under my personal details it incorrectly states that the date I moved to my current address was 2015 (which therefore contradicts the years at address entered under the account application data which was well over 5 years)...therefore not sure if this could have anything to do with the closure given the name and address enquiry noted above.

- under Customer Groups I was entered into the Additional Monitoring Group (which falls under Know Your Customer Group Type) with effective date of 1.2.16 so the day before my closure letters were issued.

- all the credit search information was fine
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Still going to complain further?

I'm not surprised nothing interesting showed up.
  • tg99
    Options
    Will wait for HBOS DSAR to come in and then complain to FOS given won't take v long so nothing to lose albeit minimal chance of it changing anything. Will probably give person at Lloyds who dealt with my complaint a quick call too to clarify this issue over address and check if that might have caused a problem (doubt it though).
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    edited 25 August 2016 at 4:03PM
    Options
    tg99 wrote: »
    So, I did DSAR for Lloyds and for HBOS, still awaiting receipt of HBOS data but now have the Lloyds stuff. Waded through it and notable findings as follows:

- customer notes did not shed any further light on why accounts were closed. On 2.2.16 (the date of issue of my closure letters) there is an entry saying "all accounts pended for 60 days following a central review. Accounts to be closed on 4.4.16. Accounts to operate as normal until closure date therefore credits and debits as normal". Then entry for each account on 4.4.16 saying "account closed by ACU following central review of account. ACU / HR / SE".

- under the list of enquiries for each of my accounts there are regular Enquiries under standard descriptions such as Full, Monthly Range Balances, Standing Order Summary, etc that all occur typically multiple times each month since account opening and I assume just part of the day to day account operating. However, there was one entry 'Enquiry name and address for account' that only appeared once and it was the day after my closure letters were issued.

- under my personal details it incorrectly states that the date I moved to my current address was 2015 (which therefore contradicts the years at address entered under the account application data which was well over 5 years)...therefore not sure if this could have anything to do with the closure given the name and address enquiry noted above.

- under Customer Groups I was entered into the Additional Monitoring Group (which falls under Know Your Customer Group Type) with effective date of 1.2.16 so the day before my closure letters were issued.

- all the credit search information was fine

Interesting. Did you get printouts from the customer insight system? That would show which organisational unit put the note on and the time. You could then compare with the time of the note on the HBOS printouts which may indicate which bank initially made the decision (which then applied to the other automatically as it's LBG). Does it say anything in the note about 'Account Review Team'?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 August 2016 at 4:21PM
    Options
    It looks like the address date is where the issues sit and you have the right to have incorrect data corrected. Regardless, they still don't need to do business with you.
  • tg99
    Options
    Yeah the Customer Insights print outs don't show anything to do with the above though. The info re incorrect address time and Additional monitoring group is under Personal Banking System print outs and can't see any date and time stamp.
  • Ed-1
    Options
    Yeah the Customer Insights print outs don't show anything to do with the above though. The info re incorrect address time and Additional monitoring group is under Personal Banking System print outs and can't see any date and time stamp.

When I did a DSAR the customer insight printouts basically showed each note from the customer contact notes separately in a box at the top of an A4 page together with the organisational unit that put the note on and the time.

Is that all the note says? So it doesn't say ***ACCOUNT REVIEW TEAM*** at the start of the note?
  • tg99
    Options
    Ed-1 wrote: »
    When I did a DSAR the customer insight printouts basically showed each note from the customer contact notes separately in a box at the top of an A4 page together with the organisational unit that put the note on and the time.

Is that all the note says? So it doesn't say ***ACCOUNT REVIEW TEAM*** at the start of the note?

Ok see what you are getting at now. On my summary page of my customer contact history it lists the various contacts/activity/date/Channel etc and I can see a 'Servicing' activity type on 2.2.16 when closure letters issued and Closures activity types on 4.4.16 along with other activity types such as complaints etc. However, not all of these individual contacts have their own A4 page with the box....only some do e.g. The complaints ones but the ones relating to my account closure above do not have their own page and box so I can't see any further info about them (whereas I can for example see date, time and department for my complaint). Wonder why they haven't provided compete info here.....
  • Ed-1
    Options
    Ok see what you are getting at now. On my summary page of my customer contact history it lists the various contacts/activity/date/Channel etc and I can see a 'Servicing' activity type on 2.2.16 when closure letters issued and Closures activity types on 4.4.16 along with other activity types such as complaints etc. However, not all of these individual contacts have their own A4 page with the box....only some do e.g. The complaints ones but the ones relating to my account closure above do not have their own page and box so I can't see any further info about them (whereas I can for example see date, time and department for my complaint). Wonder why they haven't provided compete info here.....

The note on mine when they closed mine at the start of last year was put on by the account review team and it said that with three asterisks at each side at the start of the note. When I looked at the note in its box from the customer insight printouts I noticed the organisational unit that put the note on was Personal Lending Decisions. The account review team sits inside that department which told me my closures were to do with credit scoring criteria no longer being met putting me outside the risk etc. This was all down to opening over 40 accounts in the same month taking advantage of the Yorkshire Bank unlimited switching offer that backfired with LBG.

So it definitely doesn't mention account review team? You could wait to see if HBOS provides this note from the customer insight system which should say the same thing as the Lloyds note to find out the organisational unit that put it on. If not then you could contact them and ask for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure