PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Getting to know you........

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    welcome to Old Style...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Lilyplonk
    Lilyplonk Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    :hello: and Welcome to you, HalfBaked - and congratulations on your first post :T

You don't realise what you've done by that 'first post' - I'd like to bet there'll be no stopping you now ;).

I think that getting our OHs into the same frame of mind is one of the most difficult parts of becoming 'mse/oldstyle'. Once they realise that they're not being treated like a 'naughty little boys' and being deprived of their 'treats', they usually come around .................. especially when they also begin to realise that 'a bit of frugality' can mean the difference between living week-to-week with debts piling up OR keeping within your means, being able to still afford a holiday/occasional luxury AND being debt-free.

Just beware of how many times you quote Martin at him - my OH began to get a bit paranoid that 'something was going on' :rotfl:. Now he just rolls his eyes and shouts out 'YOUR fella is on telly again!' ;).
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello :hello: and welcome to OS!

It's fantastic that your partner is now on board with your new MSE ways and believe me, that will make life so much easier :D
  • vanoonoo
    vanoonoo Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    woop! welcome :)
    Blah
  • :wave: Welcome to OS, it is so much easier when the OH is on side, he will probably overtake you in searching for bargains now that he has the OS bug :rotfl:
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    HI half-baked and welcome to OS!

My OH now fully embraces 'frugality', and has been known to embarass me in Trescos when we are doing our 'top up shop', by picking things up and loudly telling other customers (and staff) that its cheaper in Aldi! lol

Bless him, after nearly Thirty six years of marraige I now trust him to do the weekly shop and come back with the items I want and 'change'! instead of bags full of 'junk' and 'You owe me £15'!

Good on you half-baked - being OS is better for your purse, your health and the planet! a Triple Whammy!
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,758 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Lilyplonk wrote: »
    :hello:
    Just beware of how many times you quote Martin at him - my OH began to get a bit paranoid that 'something was going on' :rotfl:. Now he just rolls his eyes and shouts out 'YOUR fella is on telly again!' ;).

LOL

one of my fellow Flyladies told us her son shouted his mum (would have been a Friday lunchtime, when Jeremy Vine's on) and told her her boss was on the radio!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I too am new to all this!

But what an eye opener it is! Shopped in T for years spending a LOT of money. OH lost his job so we decided to head to Lidl! WOW! £60 for a weeks shopping!

Lou:j
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Welcome Halfbaked. Be warned though.......... OS forum is extremely addictive!
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • Hello and welcome.

You will pick up so many great ideas on this forum - I've been watching and "listening" for a while but rarely post - even so, the atmosphere is so friendly.

Jackie
    £2 Savers Club 2013 - £28
    20p Savers Club 2013 - £10.20
    January 2013 Grocery Challenge 73.30/180.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business