Natwest and moorcroft

Quick post for some advice, my father passed away and we had a baby, I failed to make payment on my cc for two months. Tonight, a guy turns up on my door with a letter, asking to call and arrange a payment plan with moorcroft. My question is, is it too late to deal with natwest now? Am I stuck dealing with these guys? I have read up on them and don't really want to deal with them if possible. I can pay the missing amount in a few days to bring payments back in line..... Am I screwed now? I'm a little scared a guy turns up at my door step l

Comments

• Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    This sounds as if there are some missing links. Have you tried talking to NatWest?
  • Not yet, but only came at 8:30pm tonight. Just shocked me that they would do this over two months missing payments
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,876 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Moorcroft will only be acting on behalf of the bank, and in certain urban areas, they employ doorstep collectors as its a cheap and quick way of visiting a large number of clients for very little cost, as the collector only gets paid if they successfully get you to arrange a payment plan.

The good news is you should be able to bypass moorcroft and deal direct with the bank, just write to them with your proposals before your account gets closed.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure