Previous dubious payout. Lloyds

In about 2012 maybe earlier I made a claim to Lloyds where I'd had multiple consolidation loans and paid PPI - believing this would make me more credit worthy. I received a letter back stating they had no records but would make a payment of £500. I was both desperate and amazed, and accepted. Now I realise I was due much more than this and this was a tactic.
Do you think there is any way of claiming what I am really owed or by accepting have I blown my chance?
Thanks in advance - hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Comments

• How have you worked out that you’re due more?
  • I ask because if you have tangible evidence of how much you paid in PPI then you might be in with a chance. No such thing as tactics, TBH if neither side knew how much had been paid in 2012 you were lucky to get anything.
  • I don't know how much, but I know it went on for years for loans between between £2000 and £5000. I have some old statements but they show me the amount I was paying back each month in total and not the amount of PPI.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I don't know how much
    So you don't know if you even had PPI?
    they show me the amount I was paying back each month in total and not the amount of PPI.
    So you REALLY can't prove that you even had PPI?

In 2012 (six years ago) the Bank said they had no records, but you accepted a good will payment of £500.

It's very doubtful this was "dubious" or a "tactic", but you nevertheless accepted the payment in full and final settlement.

In 2018, with no additional evidence on your part, how are you hoping to advance this?

Any new "complaint" by you now will just result in reference to your original acceptance of payment in 2012.
  • I do know I had PPI. They claimed not to have records. But that what I was asking, in accepting the payment at the time I presume It's an acceptance of full and final payment.
    It's just niggles me knowing that I was probably due more. C'est last vie.
  • *C'est la vie
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Lloyds are able to tell from the account numbers if you had PPI or not as they had different codes for loans with PPI and loans without PPI. Not so easy on credit cards though.

Whilst new information could be considered by Lloyds, if there is no new data showing you paid PPI then they have no reason to review the case.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure