PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Comments

• Akahotpot - that does not sound good. How can the EA have not followed things up before now? The EA for the house we are buying was in touch practically every day while we were waiting for the full mortgage offer, pushing for us to instruct the solicitor to start work.

I really dont understand I had to keep pushing the EA as outside making the offer the buyer was not moving forward
    I keep asking them to get the guy instruct a solicitor and asked several times is this offer was solid as I was worried I was now off the market (which I did not agree with)
    when we got the mem of sale listing conservancy details my solicitor forwarded a contract but the buyer never instructed the solicitor , it would seem the EA just assumed he would use them as they had these details on file for him
    I even beginning to suspect there never was a buyer and I have just been used for some cheap advertising as I am on a busy road
    Need answers I await the call back from the EA but looks like I out a load of money and back to square one
  • Natbag - so lovely to hear you are very happy in your new home!

Trix-a-belle - I really hope you got the keys very soon after your last update. I can't believe you were waiting so long!

Still waiting to exchange contracts. Last spoke to our solicitor on Thursday when he said he was going to chase our buyer's solicitor the next day. Not heard anything since so called his office today asking if he can give me a call for an update. We are due to complete on Monday so hoping we will exchange any time soon. Although I've been saying this for what feels like a very long time :rotfl:
    Thank you to everyone who posts on here :)
  • Just heard back from our solicitor and he is hopeful we will be exchanging contracts today :j The end is in sight!
    Thank you to everyone who posts on here :)
  • calydon
    calydon Posts: 37 Forumite
    Hello!

We have been under offer from a non-proceedable buyer since early July, having put our house on the market in June having found an amazing property.

10/10 - our buyer gets an offer which she accepts, she offers on ours and we accept and then make our offer.
    11/10 - all offers aceepted, chain of 4 people/3 proprrties in place. Solicitors instructed
    13/10 - mortgage advisor appointment (who recommended the exact mortgage I had identified myself!) but at least they can do some of the leg work
    16/10 - first payment sent to solicitors for disbursements, property questionnaires on our sale returned to them
    17/10 - buyer at start of chain advises completion must be by 15th Dec. Seller at top says 18th at earliest :-/
    24/10 - all docs with mortgage advisor for mortgage
    25/10 - sale contract received from solicitor, signed & returned
    30/10 - still nothing from our vendor re the sale, chased up agents so fingers crossed...

Maybe we'll complete before Christmas. Maybe...
  • Completion this Fri, nervous & excited in equal measure!

Just worried about what can potentially go wrong! My understanding as FTB is that we are first to receive keys, however, if transactions further up the chain go awry (we're in one of 7!), wouldn't this then affect everyone? As no-one can move on unless there is a vacant property to go to??

Confused.com!
  • Cinders:
    Cinders: Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all,

It's great to hear lots of people are making progress. Fingers crossed for all who seem a little 'stuck' at the moment.

Well it's completion day for us. Started this journey in March, and have had so many ups and downs - can't believe it's finally ending. We exchanged a couple of weeks ago, so hopefully today will be straight forward (I understand that I have now jinxed everything)!
    SPC # 115 :p
  • Ougat
    Ougat Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Enjoy your home Cinders..
  • Cinders:
    Cinders: Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Ougat wrote: »
    Enjoy your home Cinders..

Thank you very much :D
    SPC # 115 :p
  • Hi all...Newbie here

I have been watching from the sideline and decided to join in as i might be in for the long run.

FTB been looking for a while going between New builds and Old houses

23/09/17 Viewed an unlike me house as we were bored on the weekend and instantly fell in love with it
    25/09/17 Went back for a longer second viewing and put in an offer
    26/09/17 Offer rejected and i went back with a final offer
    27/09/17 Offer Accepted - we already had a DIP with Barclays so sent details to EA and house came off the market - Solicitor arranged
    29/09/17 Spoke to broker who believed he could get better offer for us
    2/10/17 sent all docs to broker
    4/10/17 Broker came back with possible offers and advised who to go with - DIP comes back Referred and we panick - lender required 48 hrs while underwriters looked into the referal
    10/10/17 DIP approved - we were only required to send in recent payslips for mortgage application. Solicitor Instructed - and requests Draft Contracts from the Vendors solicitors
    11/10/17 Full application submitted
    16/10/17 Valuation Fee Taken
    17/10/17 Valuation Survey done - Vendors EA calls to inform us that chain had brocken at the top - poor lady got Guzumped by a cash buyer - our vendors and their vendor start looking for alternative properties - they are with the same Agent
    20/10/17 Full mortgage offer recieved via email
    23/10/17 full mortage offer in the post

We are oooming and arrrming about getting on with searches etc just in case the 2 above us do not find properties and decide not to sell .FTB jitters. Our vendor " really" wants to sell but heaven knows when things will sort themselves out. Really wanted to move before christmas but defo not happening now - should we get on with the searches ? Solicitor advised we could but he is more comfortable after he has recieved the draft contracts - 20 days and counting waiting for them?
  • Update from me

My timeline so far:

06/9/17 - Met broker, handed over all docs and did factfind
    09/9/17 - view 4 house, really love number 3, sleep on decision
    10/9/17 - put in offer - accepted an hour later!
    11/9/17 - API sorted with Pepper
    11/9/17 - solicitor instructed -
    12/9/17 - full application put in
    30/9/17 - valuation done
    6/10/17 - Mortgage offer received for full amount :j:j:j:j:j
    10/10/17 - money on account given to sols to start searches etc
    17/10/17 - mortgage offer signed and sent back
    30/10/17 - sols have received contracts apparently

So I've had a few issues in the last week - turns out my sols aren't on the mortgage lenders panel of approved sols (didn't know this was a thing), but after a lot of thinking I'm staying with them - it will cost me more money - but I don't want any delays and it would only cost a little less to change sols so I'd rather stay with who I have.

That being said I'm a little !!!!ed at my sols currently - I called on Monday to check they'd still do the job and how much extra it would cost me and the lady I though was dealing with the case talked so fast at me I had to interupt her to ask my question, and she hung up before I got to ask any others! Also it turns out my case is now with a locum sol - that can't be good news surely?

I had to email that I'd accept the extra change and I did, asking for the name of the person who is now dealing with my case - no reply! It wold have taken a minute to reply so I'm ticked off.

I'll call again on Thursday to get the sols name and an update if I haven't heard by then.

So far my file sat on an empty desk for a week, then my sol went on hols for a week and wouldn't start searches until contract received and now she claims she's not actually dealing with it but a locum - I may have to start my own spreadsheet of blame :rotfl:

Sorry for the long post - and congrats to those who have exchange/completed :T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback