Dancing in the Rain

Comments

• Good news on the venue DIA :T fingers crossed it all works out, I love the idea of classes and using your creative side xxx
  • Oh DIA that's brilliant, a car is such a bonus as it gives you flexibility and freedom. That sounds like a great opportunity to have one without worries. I hope you find a way to have it next year.

In case it's any help, I budget about £100 a month for mine to cover everything but petrol - the biggest chunk is the insurance at about £300 (though this includes a couple of extras so could probably go down to £250 ish), service and MOT about £250 (this has been less some years depending what service needs doing), vehicle tax £120 ish, and some is left over for replacing tyres, brake pads etc. I use AutoAid for breakdown cover, £41 (you do need to have a credit card to hand either in your purse or hidden in the glove box, as you pay and reclaim) and they've been brilliant, including rescuing me in the snow one Christmas when I was halfway across the country from where I needed to be.
    Rosa xx

That is so helpful Rosa.:A I think my expenses would be similar. I guess that's the beauty of YNAB all costs are clear. :) I gave up my car several years ago after always having driven since my very early 20s. I started missing driving about 5 years ago, but it was out of the question. I too hope i can find a way to buy the car. It would open up my life :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • I now have another 15 months before I am debt free :)

ACHIEVEMENTS SEPTEMBER

Clever shopping for key items of clothing. Boots, a coat, a raincoat, a skirt.
    Value = £410.00 Spent =£151.57 (Still a lot of money but all high quality items that should last a few seasons)

Sent an item back to B0den I was unhappy with and replaced with much needed tights

Coming to Cornwall for most of September (getting cheap ticket, organising my work from here etc…)

Swimming in the sea :)

Speaking up to friend about being interested in her car when she spoke of selling it, leading to her agreeing to give me the option to buy it

BOOKING THE HANDYMAN :T

Getting passport photos done

Contacting a venue to pitch new classes idea :T

LESSONS LEARNT SEPTEMBER

Be brave. Jump into the sea. You’ll be glad you did. Apply this to approach to doing things on the house too! :)

You eat too much. You spend too much money on food. Spend less. :mad:

GOALS FOR OCTOBER

New passport ready to go

Keeping to new food budget

Handyman to begin work on the house

Keep to new daily activity hour

Debt into the 15,000s by the end of October

Sell 1 thing

Happy hump day one and all
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Loving your September achievements DIA :T makes you realise how much you've done :) you're well on track to achieve your October goals, I'll be here cheering you on :T
  • Made a payment to debt of £785, bringing debt down to £17,184.00. The plan is, by hook or by crook, (actually, probably not crook) to get this down into the £16,000s within the next 2 weeks. Signature updated :D

Went out with the intention of finding some reduced flowers for the house I am leaving in a few days. Found some immediately. A lovely £6 bouquet reduced to £2 :money:

Spent forever stalking some smoked salmon that MnS were not reducing to even half price. Got fed up and left it there. Life is too short.;)

Hoping for one last swim in the sea before i return to my land-locked life :)

As we hurtle towards the weekend I’m hoping for a renewing, positive weekend for us all

DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Lovely to catch up on all your doings. Brilliant progress - well done :j
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • I like that you refocus yourself. Your words spoke a lot to me today. Thank you for your transparency as those incites have given me a much needed push.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • I like that you refocus yourself. Your words spoke a lot to me today. Thank you for your transparency as those incites have given me a much needed push.
    Thanks Mila, pleased my ramblings and number rejigging are of some use to someone other than me! :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Well done DIA on your September achievements. Swimming in the sea - Oh My Gosh - I was shivering just reading it lol. I do hope you get to buy your car next year. I have done everything to keep hold of mine and it serves me well although probably will need replacing in another year. But I said that last year so here's hoping.

Your goals for October are inspiring and dare I ask if there is a little holiday on the horizon for the need in getting the passport?

Hope coming back to your land locked reality isn't too bad and that things get started with the handyman soon.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • Hi Tink, no holidays planned. I just feel edgy without a passport as I have loved ones abroad so may need to travel at short notice.

I went through my post. Mostly rubbish, but the bank sent the same letter (as a few months back) that I am in arrears but this time they stated an increased amount. :mad: I know I am not. They already paid me £100 for making this mistake so I am not at all anxious this time. I am annoyed as I will have to write to them again. As it clearly wan’t resolved last time, (despite their reassurances ) I might go the banking ombudsman as I don’t want it affecting my credit rating.

Home looks scruffy and cluttered after some time away…Looking forward to getting something ANYTHING done to change this. :)

Food delivery came and I feel better with supplies in so I am pleased I ordered in whilst away for today.

Unpacking and taking it easy today…

Catching up on diaries…

Cooking…a batch of quinoa for fridge, some chicken and veggies.

I love travel but I’m always pleased to come home and get back into a routine. The thing is, I always feel a bit unbalanced and unsettled for the first few days. :(

I’m burning orange oil today as it is both relaxing and uplifting.

Happy Sunday fellow debt busters

DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills