Can't switch supplier as national database incorrect??

Comments

• Vampgirl
    Vampgirl Posts: 622 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I had a similar issue with Scottish Power - our house was showing on ecoes as de-energised (ie. no supply) which we only discovered when we tried to switch. I'm afraid it took months to sort out - each time I called SP they promised to sort it but nothing changed, opening a complaint didn't help either, In the end I had to go to the ombudsdman.
  • AADDH
    AADDH Posts: 1 Newbie
    We are in the same situation with E.on. It seems that the database shows the wrong postcode for our address, and although we've been asking E.on to change it for a month, it's not obvious that anything has happened. How would we know if the database details are now correct?
  • E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena
    E.ON_Company_Representative:_Helena Posts: 2,359 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    AADDH wrote: »
    We are in the same situation with E.on. It seems that the database shows the wrong postcode for our address, and although we've been asking E.on to change it for a month, it's not obvious that anything has happened. How would we know if the database details are now correct?

Good morning AADDH and welcome to the forums.

You wouldn't actually notice any difference when the national database has been updated, as this is an external platform that we use.

We can check though, that has been updated with your correct information. It can sometimes take a while for the information to be corrected, as it involves sending some electronic information.

I can help you and get you in contact with the right people to do it for you and check it's all going through.

If you need me, please just ask.

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    try the SSE website.

Take it right though to ordering a tariff. At which point it requests house number and postcode. If it can't find your address the ND is still wrong.
  • AndyPK
    From what I understand it takes at least 15 days to correct the database (in simple cases) and your existing supplier must initiate it.
  • I'm experiencing a very similar problem with E.O.N !! I'm trying to change energy supplier but when i try to get a quote it say's that we have an economy 7 meter which we don't, I've spent over an hour with E.O.N on the phone they checked the serial number of our meter to double check but they say we have a standard meter but every company i try and get a quote from say's the national database says we have an economy 7 meter! The only help E.O.N gave was a number to give to a new supplier to phone their historic corrections unit, PLEASE HELP!!
  • KevinR
    KevinR Posts: 22 Forumite
    As a bit of positive news I had a similar issue a year or so ago when switching from Scottish Power to First Utility, which was eventually resolved. The meter details passed on were wrong and although the switch happened the meter readings system at First couldn't accept my readings. (At the very least it thought I had a single rate meter and not my actual economy 7).

The meter had been replaced for its age while I was on Scottish, and I assume something had been mis-recorded. I sent photos of the meter, its serial numbers, and my previous bills (which include the meter number and supply type) to First and eventually they got it sorted, but it was weeks after the migration. I found their twitter based support very helpful.

It seems to be part of the supply standard that the meter serial number includes the meter model, etc. So once they had that confirmed it could be corrected. Daft though.

I did wonder if there had been a data entry error versus the other flat in our pair or another in the road. (At least one other bill refers to upper and lower flat, rather than num and numA. There is also a Flat num at num-1, and probably many other Flat A's in the road.)
  • AndyPK
    Get your existing supplier to correct the details on the national database.

I believe they are the only one that can do it
  • Hi
    I am trying to change supplier and my meter is showing as a pre pay gas meter, but they were changed to mart meters in august, no one seems to want to help or get this corrected :(
    Everytime I try Eon, they tell me it is correct
    i try phoning now and cannot get through, and the webchat isnt working

any suggestions on where I can go next?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,848 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    diw47uk wrote: »
    Hi
    I am trying to change supplier and my meter is showing as a pre pay gas meter, but they were changed to mart meters in august, no one seems to want to help or get this corrected :(
    Everytime I try Eon, they tell me it is correct
    i try phoning now and cannot get through, and the webchat isnt working

any suggestions on where I can go next?
    Was it E.On that installed the smart meter ? There was a problem earlier in the year when the national gas database was closed for updating and a backlog built up, it seems that a few changes may have fallen down a crack. You need to contact E.On to get it sorted. There are E.On reps on here that are very helpful so contacting them may get things rolling. WebForumAdvisors@eonenergy.com and point them to this thread.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback