MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• Aunty-Pickle
    Options
    big hugs bubblepops - at least you've had a "dry run" so you know you are all systems go for when it does happen for real. (Probably not much of a consolation at the moment though)
    So sorry you had all that build up and excitement for nothing....
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • Bubblepops
    Options
    Thankies guys. I've only just got up, so I must have needed it.

Aah, thanks auntie p, I'm trying to see the positives, in that the house will be a bit closer to being done when she arrives. I am a bit disappointed, though.

I'm a bit the same with bags princess Kate. We kept getting told not to take a lot of stuff, but once I'd packed her things there was hardly any room left for mine! I have an immediate labour suitcase (a small one!) with things we'll need there and then, and then another bag at home ready in case I have to stay in, if that helps?

That's a good idea Milly-I've split the suitcase into sections, but maybe I could split it better?
    'By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains drop out.'
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the disappointment Bubble but won't be long till the real thing.

I am planning to put some things in a separate bag in case I am kept in longer. I had a c section last time and my OH just bought be more stuff in. He had to bring in more newborn stuff as the 0-3 was too big.
  • millysg1
    millysg1 Posts: 532 Forumite
    Options
    That's the problem, you have to take a selection of newborn and 0-3 months.
  • Mrs_T_M
    Mrs_T_M Posts: 2,039 Forumite
    Options
    millysg1 wrote: »
    That's the problem, you have to take a selection of newborn and 0-3 months.

You may want to take some tiny baby clothes as well, maybe one babygro, just in case baby is smaller than expected. :)
    Baby Dale
    26th January 2014 - Forever in our hearts
    :A
    Eli Gabriel 19th February 2015
    :j
  • millysg1
    Options
    Mrs_T_M wrote: »
    You may want to take some tiny baby clothes as well, maybe one babygro, just in case baby is smaller than expected. :)

I had not thought about that. Ive just looked at a sizing guide and they say Tiny is up to 6lbs. From my last scan, I would estimate baby is around 5lbs 7 ish already!!!! (averaging 1lb every 2 weeks over last 3 scans)

Ive got up to 6 weeks to go so im going to take the risk and not get anything and if baby is too small then I have plenty of friends and family around who will happily pop into Asda (right next door to hospital) for me.

I just cannot fit anymore into that bag!!!!!
  • wendz86
    Options
    My plan is just to take newborn and maybe 1 0-3 vest and babygrow unless i am measuring big before.
  • gayleygoo
    Options
    Mrs_T_M wrote: »

It is so hard to know what to take! My DD was 6lb6oz, and only fit into tiny baby clothes for the first few weeks. Even "newborn" sizes were too big. DS was 8lb6oz and he was almost bursting out of the newborn clothes we'd brought, the "tiny baby" clothes never got a chance! Actual size can vary between brands too, which makes it even more annoying.

I will probably just go with "newborn" sizing in the hospital bag, and hope it sees us through for the day or two in hospital.

I'm thinking of packing two bags: one for labour, and have a few things to dress baby in to start with, few nappies etc. Another bag for the car, with extra things for a hospital stay, more clothes for me and baby, books and magazines, knitting etc. That can be brought in once baby arrives and we're settled on the ward or wherever. Hospital staff seem to frown upon bringing several big bags in with you when you arrive in labour - you might get moved about quite a bit and things can easily get lost. Label your bags well too, with your name, phone number and "maternity ward" or similar, just in case.

Snack wise, I ate a banana in the car on the way to hospital with my last labour. I felt very sick for the next few hours until I eventually threw up said banana. Swore I was never again eating during labour. I'll have some sugary drinks and maybe glucose sweets instead. OH can fend for himself - there is a decent cafe, coffee shop and well-stocked newsagent in the hospital that he can occupy himself with if he needs to. Even if we need to go to hospital in the middle of the night, I'm sure there will be time for him to make himself a coffee and a sandwich to see him through til morning!

One Love, One Life, Let's Get Together and Be Alright :)

April GC 13.20/£300
    April
    NSDs 0/10
    CC's £255
  • krustylouise
    Options
    Hi everyone,

How are you all doing today? I spoke to HR yesterday at work and they've granted my annual love as of today an my maternity from 17th march. I'm only 26 weeks pregnant but with a 7 year old already, working full time and suffering pregnancy insomnia I felt I had no other option.

I've spent today taking DD to school, watching a little bit of tv then cleaning and cooking. It's been nice to go at my own pace and not have to listen to my boss getting angry and verbally abusing my colleague!

I am going to start making sure I go out for a little walk everyday weather permitting because last time I was off having DD I got agoraphobia and can't go through that again!

Hope you're all feeling well and having a nice day x

PAD 2023 Debt total as of Dec 2022 £18,988.63*April £17,711.03

Halifax CC £3168.21

Halifax loan £6095.47

Car finance £7639.02

Next £0/£808.33

#22 - 1p savings challenge 2023 £166.95/£667.95

Saving for Christmas - £1 a day savings challenge 2023 £50/£1000

• wendz86
    Options
    I ate meatballs during my labour at hospital , that was a mistake lol.

Krusty - hope you can use the time to relax and take it easy.

I am doing ok today, hopefully seeing a friend for dinner after work which will be nice. Thurs is my last day in of the week too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure