Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    shaggy wrote: »
    i keep trying to justify sky Q but I dont think its worth the extra, plus once they fit the different cables in for Sky Q theres no way you can go back to the old Sky+ HD , unless someone can correct me?

Im coming up for renewal soon, and i dont think they will match my £18.50 for movies + sports + the rest, no contract :) Im too addicted to Netflix now and unless they match it, or thereabouts, its goodbye Sky. The only thing I'd miss is GoT, but can get that alternative ways :)

I've been off Sky now for over 2 months (no offers since leaving) and am only missing pause etc, but can do this with the smart catchups anyway.

I am using catchup to discover older programmes, that I didn't know existed, with lots to see yet,as I'm only just onto BBC 3.
  • Hi all, after some advice.

Been offered the 40% off sky HD full package, but my question is would I be able to take this (or hopefully slightly more discount) on HD on a 12 month contract and then upgrade immediately to Sky Q for £12 a month extra?
  • MrsWenger
    MrsWenger Posts: 360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Jf555 wrote: »
    Hi all, after some advice.

Been offered the 40% off sky HD full package, but my question is would I be able to take this (or hopefully slightly more discount) on HD on a 12 month contract and then upgrade immediately to Sky Q for £12 a month extra?

Hi Jf555, may I ask if you were offered 40% discount on the phone or via live chat please?

I refused a deal from Retentions, gave notice and now have 30% showing on my online account. Will wait to nearer my end date to see if I am contacted or if the offer increases online.

Currently have full package with HD paying £32 per month. Best retention offer was £49.95. Normal price quoted at £80.00.
  • MrsWenger wrote: »
    Hi Jf555, may I ask if you were offered 40% discount on the phone or via live chat please?

I refused a deal from Retentions, gave notice and now have 30% showing on my online account. Will wait to nearer my end date to see if I am contacted or if the offer increases online.

Currently have full package with HD paying £32 per month. Best retention offer was £49.95. Normal price quoted at £80.00.

It was through the live chat. I’ve heard that they are offering up to around 60% off HD packages at the moment but I’m not too sure how accurate that is. I’d try the live chat now you’ve given notice and see what they have to say.
  • malky39
    malky39 Posts: 700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    When you say "signed back up", did you actually properly leave or did you renegotiate that during a cancellation period?

If renegotiated, did you do that via chat or phone?

I had been disconnected for about 2 weeks, this was done over the phone. I had an issue with my view card not being activated and when I called up to sort it they then offered me sports for £6 a month for 12 months as compensation but I declined as I do not watch sports.
  • PLYSU
    PLYSU Posts: 176 Forumite
    I got offered 40% off entertainment package (my dad only uses it for AT THE RACES) I had to pay £10 admin charge and agree to 18 month contract. Had to accept this as I don't live there and if that racing channel went off, my dad would be raging.

My £15 broadband and telephone with SKY deal ends next month but when I try to get a quote elsehwere it say I need a new telephone line and then adds extra charges.
  • Sparkiee
    Sparkiee Posts: 13 Forumite
    I thought I had a good deal until I came here. I’ll be trying the cancel and renegotiate tactic.
  • Jf555 wrote: »
    I’ve heard that they are offering up to around 60% off HD packages at the moment but I’m not too sure how accurate that is.

No, 60% offers are rarer than hens teeth. 50% plus a £25 credit seems the norm and pretty easy to achieve as long as you do schedule a cancellation (no need to actually follow through) for either a fixed term 12/18 months or 12/18 rolling monthly contract.

This is on HD+, Sky Q seems to be 40% maximum generally.
  • No, 60% offers are rarer than hens teeth. 50% plus a £25 credit seems the norm and pretty easy to achieve as long as you do schedule a cancellation (no need to actually follow through) for either a fixed term 12/18 months or 12/18 rolling monthly contract.

This is on HD+, Sky Q seems to be 40% maximum generally.

Ahh fair enough, would I be able to accept the discounted Sky HD package and then upgrade immediately to Sky Q? I’ve got two offers, the one for sky HD is less (even when you add the £12 a month extra for sky Q which is what I plan on doing) than the direct switch to sky Q offer.
  • Jf555 wrote: »
    Ahh fair enough, would I be able to accept the discounted Sky HD package and then upgrade immediately to Sky Q? I’ve got two offers, the one for sky HD is less (even when you add the £12 a month extra for sky Q which is what I plan on doing) than the direct switch to sky Q offer.

Only Sky could really answer that although I can't see them turning down an upgrade (and new contract) at anytime.

You're aware that you only need to add the £12 a month if you want multiroom (and possibly UltraHD).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback