The £1,000 emergency fund challenge.

Comments

• #252 reporting another £20 so £420 so far. xx
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • update...just added another £40 so up to £570 :)
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
  • Arrietty
    Arrietty Posts: 94 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello,

please may I join this challenge ?

I used to be on DFW (different username though) a few years ago and am thankfully still just about DF but really need to focus on not spending and concentrate on saving instead!

I've been rounding up pennies from my current account all year so will be starting off with £97.75p

:)
    SAVER o:)
  • Hi would live to join.
    We're paying off debt so it will be slow going. Starting with £10.
    Better than nothing!
  • 85p transferred this morning after a debit card transaction
    :)
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Arrietty wrote: »
    Hello,
    please may I join this challenge ?

IrisViolet wrote: »
    Hi would live to join.

Hi both,

Welcome to the challenge.

Patman will be along shortly to give you member numbers.

Take it at your own pace, this is definitely not a race and we all get there in our own time.

Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,333 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Can I join please? I currently have £597 in savings for my emergency fund, shouldn't take long in theory to get to £1,000 but am waiting for a quote for some roof repairs so the emergency fund will probably disappear once that comes in!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,790 as of 04/24
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    lcc86 wrote: »
    Can I join please?

Of course - welcome aboard - Patman will provide you a member number when he pops in ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Hello,

thanks for the welcome, just joining the challenge has already inspired me.

I save £2 coins and usually they just go in the bank and get spent on bills / frittered away... but thanks to this challenge, yesterday I paid two bags in tand immediately transferred them over to my EF account, so that's a £40 boost.

No idea how it will take me to get to the target £1,000 but every penny is a step towards it :)

New balance : £138.72
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    A big welcome to our 3 new members. Arrietty is #254, IrisViolet is #255 & lcc86 is #256.

Not much to report this week. Car service cost less than expected, so pleased with that. This should free up some money to move across to the ef
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback