Selling books online

123457»

Comments

• Please can anyone help.

I have six bound volumes of world war 1 (2014/18) which I feel are worth quite a bit.
    Does anyone know who would be interested in purchasing them.

Thanks
  • Selling books on Amazon and making money from it is very difficult. I've sold tons of books and made very little because Amazon take a good chunk of it.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,034
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Please can anyone help.

I have six bound volumes of world war 1 (2014/18) which I feel are worth quite a bit.
    Does anyone know who would be interested in purchasing them.

Thanks

Have you checked online to see whether there are any other copies for sale? Books are a difficult market, most are not worth the effort anymore so they are worth trying to get a value on them or just donating them to a charity shop.

Look to see if anyone else has a set listed:

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/

That might help a bit, although listed prices don't always reflect sale prices. You could try looking at Schpock or facebook sales and inviting offers.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,034
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Selling books on Amazon and making money from it is very difficult. I've sold tons of books and made very little because Amazon take a good chunk of it.

Books were my main online sales up until 2010, I had thousands in stock and then suddenly overnight the market died on me. I've spent the last few years drip feeding books into the charity shops as I had so many to shift and a number of my local shops already had far too much stock.

I sold mainly non fiction, historical, military etc.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure