Best Direct-lender loans for people with very bad credit??

Spanish868
Spanish868 Posts: 19 Forumite
edited 16 January 2014 at 5:51PM in Loans
Official MSE Insert:

If you've arrived from Google, our fully researched Personal Loan guide may be helpful. It's also worth reading our Debt Help guide.

Back to the original post...

Does anyone know any direct-lenders that offer loans for people who have very bad credit?? :confused:

Cos ive seen all these ones like YesLoans and Wentworth loans,
but all they actually do is 'look for loans for you if you pay them a fee to do that',
but dont actually lend diurectly to you themselves.

But so does anyone know of any direct lenders?? :)

Thanks

Comments

• mrcow
    mrcow Posts: 15,170
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Never ever ever pay anyone to look for a loan for you.

They will take your money and run.

The first thing is how much is the loan for? And what is it for? The problem you have is that so many lenders have closed their doors to higher risk clients given the current financial climate.

If the loan is for refinancing, then there may well be alternative options.

When you say "Poor credit" what do you actually mean? Have you got CCJs or defaults or late payments? Are you on the electoral role? Are you working? And have you recently looked at your credit file?
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • blackhorse
    everydayloans
    blackheath
    http://www.realpersonalfinance.co.uk/

TBH, the APR here is sky high..... you have been warned mate

and
  • Spanish868
    mrcow wrote: »
    Never ever ever pay anyone to look for a loan for you.

They will take your money and run.

The first thing is how much is the loan for? And what is it for? The problem you have is that so many lenders have closed their doors to higher risk clients given the current financial climate.

If the loan is for refinancing, then there may well be alternative options.

When you say "Poor credit" what do you actually mean? Have you got CCJs or defaults or late payments? Are you on the electoral role? Are you working? And have you recently looked at your credit file?

lol

Dw i wouldn't ever pay for anything like that. :)

The loan is for £4,000 and its for a medical operation.

And by bad credit its for 2 creditcards (both with halifax) totalling £7,500 which have defaults on as i wasnt able to make payments for the last 6months on either of them.

Ive now finally managed to setup a £50 per month repayment to them though with them having frozen interest on it.

Im not currently on the electoral role as im 20 as so i wasnt able to vote at the last election,
    but im planning on registering for the next election, so could do it very soon if it would help much.

And ive started a new job last week, with salary of £26,800 per year.
  • Spanish868
    blackhorse
    everydayloans
    blackheath
    http://www.realpersonalfinance.co.uk/

TBH, the APR here is sky high..... you have been warned mate

and

thanks mate
  • well.... with defaults ur options are very limited... try those companies i mentioned. good luck
  • mrcow
    Forumite
    tbh you're going to struggle. You have to get on the electoral role. And you need to get a few months of payslips behind you too. No one is even going to look at you otherwise - add the problems you had with Halifax on top and in today's climate, you're cutting down the lenders that will touch you dramatically.

Have a look here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/credit-rating-credit-score about how credit scoring works. You're currently going to be scoring very low on all counts.

How urgent is the operation? Is it not something that you can get referred for by your GP? If it's non urgent, then you at least have time that you can buy yourself.
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
  • ILW
    ILW Posts: 18,333 Forumite
    Why not use the NHS. Its free?
  • Spanish868
    mrcow wrote: »
    tbh you're going to struggle. You have to get on the electoral role. And you need to get a few months of payslips behind you too. No one is even going to look at you otherwise - add the problems you had with Halifax on top and in today's climate, you're cutting down the lenders that will touch you dramatically.

Have a look here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/credit-rating-credit-score about how credit scoring works. You're currently going to be scoring very low on all counts.

How urgent is the operation? Is it not something that you can get referred for by your GP? If it's non urgent, then you at least have time that you can buy yourself.

It is extremely urgent as im prevented from doing alot of normal life stuff until i can get it.

However if assessed it would fall under 'pyschological', not 'physcial need'.
    (Ive suffered from BDD for 10years now)

Im going to try saving £400 per month from my salary,
    but that means i wont be abel to get it till next year in easter. :(
  • mrcow
    Forumite
    Sorry i don't know what BDD means.

If it's any help though, I know people who have had "cosmetic" surgery through the NHS because of psycological issues.

Rather than a loan....your first step should be a candid appointment with your GP. What do you have to lose?
  • lodzor
    lodzor Posts: 10 Forumite
    well done have fun saving !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business