Saga Fixed Term

I already have a Saga Top 5 Tracker and because their fixed term accounts are still being advertised on line just tried applying for one of the 6 months jobs. Went right through the application only to get a msg "the account you are aplying for is not valid". Looks like a lot of doors are closing quickly.

Comments

• That's a bit odd..

Late Friday pm they did make a change to their website, dropping the 1 year fixed rated by 0.5% to 6.35%

and addded Rates correct as at 07/11/08 to this page

if they intended to remove the 6 month fixed account, i would have thought it would have been done then?
    they are still displaying that 7.02% figure on several places of their website
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If you have a Coventry 50+ might be able to squeeze into their Poppy bond (6.25% fixed until end 2009) - application is online and the account shows online after a couple of hours.
  • mary
    mary Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I applied for the SAGA 1 year @ 6.85% on 7.11. I had rung earlier in the day to check it was still available and was told that so long as it is advertised on their website when you apply, you will get the rate advertised even if it drops shortly after that.
  • cos69
    cos69 Posts: 413 Forumite
    I already have a Saga Top 5 Tracker and because their fixed term accounts are still being advertised on line just tried applying for one of the 6 months jobs. Went right through the application only to get a msg "the account you are aplying for is not valid". Looks like a lot of doors are closing quickly.

I got that when applying for the account last week on their website, but when I changed the browser to allow them to store cookies and apply again it worked OK and I got the information pack from them on Saturday. So worth trying again. ;)
    "How could I have been so mistaken as to trust the experts" - John F Kennedy 1962
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure