Tmobile price increase

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    shedder101 wrote: »
    is Martin on T Mobile? dont want to rock the boat

I would think not, if he was, he would probably then be more inclined to have helped.

But then after selling up to MoneySupermarket.com he isn't short of a few £, so it isn't really an issue for him anymore ;).

I suspect that since selling the website he is less worried about the MSE consumer side of things and more about his "celebrity" TV side. Bit of a shame.
    ====
  • anna2007
    anna2007 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    edited 26 April 2013 at 12:39PM
    I have just emailed the below to the following newspapers (as Which are taking their time at getting back to me):

Hopefully someone will take up the story!

BBC Watchdog's new series starts next Wednesday, and they're doing a report on mobile phone companies - might be worth sending your email to them ([EMAIL="watchdog@bbc.co.uk"]watchdog@bbc.co.uk[/EMAIL] or there's a form on the website)?

I emailed Which, the Guardian, MSE News and a couple of others last Sunday, all had run stories on the price increase at the start of March - I've had zero response (other than Which's automated response) :(
  • anna2007
    d123 wrote: »
    I would think not, if he was, he would probably then be more inclined to have helped.

But then after selling up to MoneySupermarket.com he isn't short of a few £, so it isn't really an issue for him anymore ;).

I suspect that since selling the website he is less worried about the MSE consumer side of things and more about his "celebrity" TV side. Bit of a shame.

I see he's still plugging the 1p toblerones in the weekly email though :D
  • well in todays post was a final bill for the cancelation charge, a credit for part month and stating the account is now closed

i have 30 days to pay so then i will expect a red bill and threats

still nothing from my letter i sent them
  • d123
    nivag1961 wrote: »

First I, like others think it is manifestly unfair for a company to hike their prices mid 'FIXED TERM' contract. This regardless of the fact that they have a nice little clause hidden away for this purpose.

Second I can see no where in my contract which says T Mobile can use RPI and not CPI.

>>snipped

I'd be most interested to hear your thoughts on this matter.:mad:

I'm on my phone and your big blocks of text are hard to read.

But a few things near the top caught my eye.

Could I suggest you read through this entire topic, it will give you a better understanding, with regard to RPI/CPI, the contract does state RPI, for example in 7.2.3.3.

Also, you aren't on a FIXED term, the T&Cs allow for increases, but should those increases exceed RPI it allows redress in cancelling.

You might have gone about it all the wrong way, go back and see all the points already raised in the thread, you have until the 9th to ensure you can cancel without penalty.
    ====
  • RandomCurve
    RandomCurve Posts: 1,637 Forumite
    anna2007 wrote: »
    BBC Watchdog's new series starts next Wednesday, and they're doing a report on mobile phone companies - might be worth sending your email to them ([EMAIL="watchdog@bbc.co.uk"]watchdog@bbc.co.uk[/EMAIL] or there's a form on the website)?

I emailed Which, the Guardian, MSE News and a couple of others last Saturday, all had run stories on the price increase at the start of March - I've had zero response (other than Which's automated response) :(

Don't waste time with the Guardian - I also tried them (for same reason as you), but since found out they have signed a "news" deal with EE!!!

Letter sent to [EMAIL="Watchdog@bbc.co.uk"]Watchdog@bbc.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Can everyone reading this send an email to Watchdog with the same header: T-Mobile mi​s judgement leads to​ Breach of Contract.

And then just send a brief note attaching relevant emails/letters.

There are over 12,000 views on this topic - if you really are angry about this then - DON'T GET MAD GET EEVEN -And send an email!!!

Everyone Elsewhere

:)
  • anna2007 wrote: »

I emailed Which, the Guardian, MSE News and a couple of others last Saturday, all had run stories on the price increase at the start of March - I've had zero response (other than Which's automated response) :(

i have already sent watchdog an email about this very subject but no response, pity they are not a rouge trader conning an OAP they would be all over it
  • anna2007
    edited 26 April 2013 at 12:36PM
    shedder101 wrote: »
    i have already sent watchdog an email about this very subject but no response, pity they are not a rouge trader conning an OAP they would be all over it

Have just sent my email to Watchdog - they do take on the big guys too, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility, IF enough of us raise the issue.

I agree with RandomCurve - if EVERY T-Mobile customer who has taken the time to read this thread could email Watchdog (even if you're still waiting for a written response from T-Mobile, but have been told you can't cancel without penalty) - it only takes 2 minutes of your time - it may be enough to get Watchdog interested.

You never know, we might get to see Olaf squirming in the hot seat as he gets a grilling from Anne - that's got to be worth 2 minutes of your time!

[EMAIL="watchdog@bbc.co.uk"]watchdog@bbc.co.uk[/EMAIL]
  • d123
    NO my terms actually do not say RPI. They say "reasonable adjustment for costs increases" and yes I am on a fixed term though they like to call 'initial contract term' or some other thing. An elephant is still an elephant even if T mobile (and you) elect to call it a cat.

Using incorrect terminology just weakens your case, it isn't a fixed term, it is a minimum term contract. This distinction has been argued to death on this very forum.

When did you start your current contract?

The pre-Oct T&Cs definitely state RPI, others with post Oct contracts have posted of RPI in their contract T&Cs (for eg. Randomcurve yesterday, a number of posts up this page).
    ====
  • anna2007
    WELL DONE THAT MAN!!!

Exactly what they did. They took a flyer and got it right but we can prove they did this coz the letters went out before RPI was official. Like I say. Cancel on the basis that the rise was speculative... Don't waste your time with the Feb figures (which it seems all you brainiacs think are applicable to March)...

The terms and conditions don't allow the customer to cancel on the basis of a speculative price rise; they do, however, allow you to cancel if the increase is higher than RPI.

It might be worth taking d123's advice and reading the whole of the thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure