Last Share you Bought?

Comments

• JonnyBravo
    JonnyBravo Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    JonnyBravo wrote: »
    Sold AUL on Friday. 40% in 6 weeks will do. There is the potential for lots more or to simply sink back to under 9p so that'll do me.

:T
    Correct decision (for once). Poor deal for AUL (IMO) announced today.

Even better than that sold half my LRL today for 37.5% gain in 3 weeks or so. Another couple of pence and they can have the lot!
    :T
  • sabretoothtigger
    sabretoothtigger Posts: 10,035 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 13 November 2012 at 7:23PM
    Why is Lloyds doing so great lately?

Not that long term this is true just wondering as it has a positive bias recently and the market isnt.
    I bought for mid twenties in spring and now its mid fourties with apparently the wind in its sails set for 60 even ?

I sold 5 seconds before close just a bit I had bought October while waiting for market to drop, its risen 20% since then just about. For a big share thats fairly remarkable, I think finance is positive now..

Bought a tad more AAZ and POG I think is cheaper without reasons. Chesapeake is last lot I bought (and probably shouldnt) extremely asset rich but cash poor from oversupply but improving

Ez500.jpg
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    No idea, but my Lloy shares are in profit for the first time in years after today's rise, so I'm certainly not complaining. Normally a huge rise on no apparent news is a sell signal to me, but I'm sticking with it.

Hanging in there with Emed too, I still believe AS will happen and the de-risking will boost the price. I've decided I'm going to sell a significant chunk if not all my shares when that happens, as I'm a bit fed up of all the shilly shallying that's been going on. Maybe AIM shares are not for me :)
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • JonnyBravo
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 14 November 2012 at 8:45AM
    Masomnia wrote: »
    Hanging in there with Emed too, I still believe AS will happen and the de-risking will boost the price. I've decided I'm going to sell a significant chunk if not all my shares when that happens, as I'm a bit fed up of all the shilly shallying that's been going on. Maybe AIM shares are not for me :)

Sold the vast majority of mine in March/April and sold the rest this week. Not convinced they'll make it to AS without another cash call. Made money on them but not the large sum I thought I'd realise at one point. Will keep an eye out for joining again after a cash call if it happens.

Got most of that cash in AAZ nowadays. What's due with them before Xmas? Waiting for the deal re the copper (and silver?) to be announced, an update on the AS plant (expect it to be ahead of target and under budget) and then in early Jan the production for Q4. Those three items could see 60p IMO.
  • I dont even know what AS is :laugh: If they lose 9p on no good reason it might most sensible to ditch, of course its better to sell on strength

This is a range of commodities, helpful to gauge share performance though 6 months aint much.
    I do think copper is negative, not sure how much AIM co. moves for that but KAZ has been awful maybe its worth a swap if you can exit EMED at nice profit.

242h1z5.jpg

There is hope of a copper bounce here, if such things can be predicted. I like how JJC looks but I probably just kidding myself :o
  • JonnyBravo
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    I dont even know what AS is :laugh: If they lose 9p on no good reason it might most sensible to ditch, of course its better to sell on strength

This is a range of commodities, helpful to gauge share performance though 6 months aint much.
    I do think copper is negative, not sure how much AIM co. moves for that but KAZ has been awful maybe its worth a swap if you can exit EMED at nice profit.

AS = "administrative standing" which is a recognition EMED need from the local Junta. The price of copper is ok for EMED. They just need permits. They'll come, I remain convinced of that. Just not sure they'll be before Xmas. I've exited EMED with a modest profit on my last shares but its been good to me over the last 4 years with the rollercoaster share price giving plenty of trading opportunities.
    Not sure copper will be unusually strong anytime soon (it surely needs a convincing rebound on the Chinese economy) so I'll stay clear of KAZ for now.
  • JonnyBravo
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    JonnyBravo wrote: »
    .....and sold the rest this week.

Fail. Sigh.
  • sabretoothtigger
    edited 14 November 2012 at 9:28AM
    I was wondering what triggered you selling them now. Not that I can say thats wrong, for all we know markets can crash any time and so on

Anyhow deal done for future revenue, Im not sure if this is at fixed price but nice to see shares sold at a premium not a discount for once!

Surely government wont stop a job maker going ahead with certain business waiting.
    I mean this is why Spain is in a mess that they are obsessed with Euro and regulations and government rubbish, more business please will sense prevail?

Price was up 15% at first but its falling back now. Im only going to be impressed if EMED gets to 20, 30 and higher

If we close 12p or higher today (or friday) I have hope otherwise we will probably repeat the same disappointment of previous months
    Not sure copper will be unusually strong anytime soon
    Copper is potentially a monetary metal at the extremes its possible to see very large rises beyond expectations but I dont see that happening exactly. Gold could drag it up basically, if silly things happen it could knock on in surprising ways
    I will be checking if these contracts are fixed or not though because I think copper should rise over years even in more normal conditions, so long as world gdp is positive
  • JonnyBravo
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    I was wondering what triggered you selling them now. Not that I can say thats wrong, for all we know markets can crash any time and so on

Anyhow deal done for future revenue, Im not sure if this is at fixed price but nice to see shares sold at a premium not a discount for once!

Surely government wont stop a job maker going ahead with certain business waiting.
    I mean this is why Spain is in a mess that they are obsessed with Euro and regulations and government rubbish, more business please will sense prevail?

Price was up 15% at first but its falling back now. Im only going to be impressed if EMED gets to 20, 30 and higher

If we close 12p or higher today (or friday) I have hope otherwise we will probably repeat the same disappointment of previous months

Copper is potentially a monetary metal at the extremes its possible to see very large rises beyond expectations but I dont see that happening exactly. Gold could drag it up basically, if silly things happen it could knock on in surprising ways
    I will be checking if these contracts are fixed or not though because I think copper should rise over years even in more normal conditions, so long as world gdp is positive

Well I sold most originally due to the local election results. I sold my last shares this week on funding fears and my expectations that it would be done at discount as usual. My fears over those months have also changed to a simple opinion about limited upside. There are now 1.2bn shares. I just dont see it hitting 20p anymore. Even on AS unless it is a transitory visit.
    They have horribly underestimated the amount it will cost to get the plant working again IMO (based on the simple fact they've never delivered anything on time or target) and so see it settling around 15p with AS.
    Todays limited share price movement is just another example. There are just too many people who now want out IMO.
  • sabretoothtigger
    edited 14 November 2012 at 4:46PM
    Fair enough. Too many shares makes it harder to gauge on price alone. 1m now

kjfDm.png

Quarterly report just out, this looked nice.
    5m is open pit and 5g per ton is high grade so no wonder Chinese have taken an interest
    encouraging drill intercept of 5 metres at 5g/t gold-equivalent

POG wrote:
    “The stock trades at a 2013 estimated price earnings ratio of 2.8 (excluding IRC - its former non-precious metals division now listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange), at a 55% discount to Central Eastern Europe Middle East and Africa gold peers’ average.

"We also note that in October the value of POG’s stake in IRC increased by about $130m or by about 45p per POG share. This has not been fully reflected in POG share price, in our view, and creates upside risks for POG in the short-term.”

Goldman Sachs' twelve-month price target (based on the target price to net asset value multiple) increases to 500p (from 470p) due to higher estimates for gold prices in 2012 and 2013, rising by 2% and 12% respectively, and its increased IRC valuation.
    Super cheap, Russia is not popular. If this was rated like RRS it'd be 10x the price?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure