Vanguard Life Strategy

Options

Comments

• AlwaysLearnin
    AlwaysLearnin Posts: 873 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    As you can see from the last couple of posts, they look like they have a few issues with their account set ups.

Looks like the best way forward is complain, and keep complaining, until they've sorted it. Not good...
  • bigfreddiel
    bigfreddiel Posts: 4,263 Forumite
    Options
    why bother,i use tddi and as there is no charge for investing why bother with their regular investment option?

jbt - just buy them!

fj
  • bigfreddiel
    Options
    latecomer wrote: »
    Like the idea of a drip = £2000 ;)

peanuts innit!

fj
  • dan_cup
    dan_cup Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    why bother,i use tddi and as there is no charge for investing why bother with their regular investment option?

jbt - just buy them!

fj

because I only have £3600 at the mo and i will have an annual charge if i dont have £5100 by the end of May OR have Reg investment set up.
  • bigfreddiel
    Options
    dan_cup wrote: »
    because I only have £3600 at the mo and i will have an annual charge if i dont have £5100 by the end of May OR have Reg investment set up.
    not much then - only £1500- just go for it

fj
  • dan_cup
    dan_cup Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    not much then - only £1500- just go for it

fj

Fair point!
  • Lois_and_CK
    Lois_and_CK Posts: 584 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In some of my previous posts I have referred to my Halifax Stakeholder pension I have with around 15K in it. I am still unsure what to do with this so at the moment I still have it and I am still paying it as normal, so no change other than thinking.

Do any of you have a Vanguard Lifestrategy in a SIPP, also anyone got a VLS in an ISA and SIPP?

My S&S ISA has the VLS 60% as the core with the aim of 65% to 70% of the portfolio along with 5 other funds so far which I have mentioned on here and I aim to fill my ISA allowance each year between cash and S&S.

I am still paying into the Halifax Stakeholder pension, as it is not big amounts per month and being undecided what to do I am still running with it.

At the same time I would like to put a bit more into a pension as well, so I was thinking of a very simple SIPP as well as I am not sure if it is a good idea putting more into the Halifax Stakeholder pension than I am putting in when there is maybe other options like the SIPP and a VLS to keep it simple.

As my S&S ISA has the VLS 60% along with Emerging Markets, Global Small Caps, Asian and Japanese Small Caps and Asia Pacific funds, I was thinking of a very simple SIPP with either a sole VLS 80% or a VLS 100% and maybe Old Mutual Global Bonds which could be increased in percentage as I get older.

Tended to lean towards the VLS 80% as single simple holding with more separate bonds in later years, as I have a bit more spice in my S&S ISA and I would not be putting as much into a possible SIPP at the moment, idea would be say starting at £75 per month with the view to raising it higher after I get some projects I am doing out of the way that is taking some money up at the moment.

Other option is maybe a VLS 100% again starting at £75 start per month and in time add bonds and increase the equity to bond cap as I get older between the two and the amounts invested.

Any thoughts on this anyone and i am a basic rate tax payer?

I could continue to pay lowish into the Halifax Stakeholder, which is mainly the FTSE All Share and Gilts etc etc and start off a simple SIPP as well with maybe the option of either transferring the Halifax Stakeholder in at some point, or leave it along side a simple SIPP and put into both.

Interested to hear any thoughts and if I have explained this right as I have a VLS 60% in my S&S ISA and other funds.

I would have a min of 22 years to 55 or longer and I kind of want to think about increasing my pension a bit more so was thinking of the SIPP very simple like this and low cost and it is locked for min 22 years.

Many thanks.

My husband has a Vanguard LS 80 in a SIPP - (his company don't offer a pension). I don't have a SIPP personally because I have a company pension, but I do have a S&S ISA, also with a Vanguard LS in it.

I'm currently researching some side funds to add to CK's SIPP - maybe a small cap and an emerging market - but I want to keep the ISA simple and will probably leave that with just the LS fund.
  • Gadfium
    Gadfium Posts: 763 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    latecomer wrote: »
    Like the idea of a drip = £2000 ;)

I have a lot of catching up to do!
    peanuts innit!

fj

Yep, to lots of people it is (not me, I hasten to add). I am trying to fill this year's ISA allowance. £5k in, £6k to go.
  • takesyourchances
    Options
    My husband has a Vanguard LS 80 in a SIPP - (his company don't offer a pension). I don't have a SIPP personally because I have a company pension, but I do have a S&S ISA, also with a Vanguard LS in it.

I'm currently researching some side funds to add to CK's SIPP - maybe a small cap and an emerging market - but I want to keep the ISA simple and will probably leave that with just the LS fund.

Thanks for the reply and that your husband has a SIPP with a VLS 80%, very interesting, I am still considering this over for an SIPP while I am still paying into my Stakeholder with Halifax.

I am mauling over a simple SIPP still, VLS 80% or a VLS 100% and a managed bonds fund to increase as the years go by.

Another £250 went into my VLS 60% today in my S&S ISA and £50 into two of my side funds. My side funds at present which may give you some ideas are.

VLS 60% - increasing core still to 65% to 70%, I might drip solely next month to the VLS to bring the Core level up, at present it is around 60% of the portfolio.
    First State Emerging Markets
    First State Asian Pacific Leaders
    Standard Life Global Small Cap
    Aberdeen Asian Small Cap
    Aberdeen Japanese Small Cap

Might add a UK small Cap to balance off the Small Cap exposure later in the year.

While talking on side funds, anyone any ideas for a UK Small Cap, I was looking at Cazenove UK Smaller Companies.

Still considering a simple SIPP, was swaying towards the idea of VLS 100% and Old Mutual Global Bonds and increase the bonds as the years go on. If I started an SIPP I might keep it simple as there is a bit more range in the S&S ISA I have, or later stage I could tilt some other exposure, but for the moment still thinking of a simple set up.

Thanks.
  • esmecullen
    esmecullen Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options

I've done simple with my S & S ISA,have the LS 60 in mine and,quite pleased with it so far (early days tho)..............dripped a further £250 in this month.
    total airhead, total bimbo, very superficial:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport