Complaint Letter Successes

Comments

• No - but it should be moved to another board
    chirpy007 wrote:
    I complained about a rude member of staff in WHS and got a £5.00 voucher. I have just emailed M & S about their declining standards in our local store so l await the reply.

Which store is this where you say standards are declining?
    Our Store (Colmore Row, Birmingham), just got 85% in mystery shopper visit, so I hope its not us! :eek:
  • I have had some success in complaining.

Best one was recently in Brewer's fayre - the service was terrible and they wouldn't sell me a small glass of wine - it was really stupid. I could see the small glasses on the shelf, I could see the bottles of wine on the counter, there was a price for a small glass of wine on the price list and the menu but the staff wouldn't serve me with one. I hadn't been drinking at all, they were happy to serve a large glass but not a small. It was madness

I emailed head office to complain and received a £25 voucher.
  • chrisyc - you have to tell us the story now!!! what happened?

In response to lightways comments, I would respond:
    In no way is anyone here advocating complaining to companies just for the sake of it...quite the opposite.

Just wanted to highlight to MSEr's that they are well within their rights to complain about poor service or faulty products and often there is (rightly) a reward for this.

By sharing stories we are helping the reputation of those companies who are helpful and justly compensate us when things go wrong....and shaming those companies which obviously do not value their customers.

IMHO the nature of posts so far is celebration of good customer service & noone has encouraged abuse of the system.
  • lightways
    lightways Posts: 423 Forumite
    No
    I wasnt insinuating anyone here, far from it, but what some might do from reading posts, give some sort of bluff for some freebies.

Reason why i say this is the last board regarding boots AC machines were giving away some freebies and everyone must have bombarded the machines as my local has had there's closed for 2 weeks now and im soo annoyed cause i needed to redeem some points off the machine to buy some perfume.

Even to the point that tesco are soo strict now with vouchers cause some have tried to abuse the system to the max, so as to ruin it for every one else.

So do you realise the outcome of these posts some times?
  • Fair point, hope noone is doing that thou! Would like to think it isn't in the nature of moneysavers but I could be wrong.

When you have a geniune complaint you really need proof - receipt & packaging/product etc.
  • scaldyflash
    scaldyflash Posts: 934 Forumite
    No
    Myself and the OH got married 13 years ago. One of our wedding presents was a small Daewoo 850W second hand microwave (I believe it was about 2 years old when given to us by an elderly Uncle who didnt use it any more)
    After about a year I noticed some paint had flaked on the inside and rang Daewoo on the off chance that I might at least get some advice on whether or not it was safe to use, I was totally honest about it's history, The answer was, send us £20 del. charge and we'll send you a new one. Which duly arrived two days later. To cut the story short, we are now on our fourth free(ish) (£20 delivery) Daewoo microwave, each one being bigger and more powerful than the previous. They are a good machine but we do use ours a lot and are not the best at keeping it spic and span so I reckon we are doing well (but I have been honest every time I have spoken to them and they still send out a new one !) Daewoo Customer service is excellent, nothing is too much for them.

I have to say I have never complained to Daewoo or any other company just to get a freebie (in fact I didn't complain to Daewoo I only called for advice) And like some previous posters I ALWAYS either write to a company or thank staff on the day if I get very good service. As someone who deals with Joe public daily (driving a train) I can assure you it is rewarding when I get a Passenger compliment me on my announcements or for giving asisstance, it doesn't take much to be civil no matter which side of the 'counter' you're on :):):):) (Sorry about the long post !)
    Education is compulsory, school is not.
    Education Otherwise
  • JailhouseBabe
    JailhouseBabe Posts: 1,590 Forumite
    I once wrote to complain to a brewery (can't remember which); myself, friends and about 6 children visited one summer's day to let the children play in the indoor play area. As it was summer, the girls were wearing sandals and no socks - policy was that all children must wear socks at all times, and they didn't sell socks. The children were disappointed (it was a 5 mile drive each way, on a Sunday evening, so they never got to play). I received a £20 meal voucher.

I phoned McDonalds when the lid wasn't properly put on a take-away breakfast so it 'leaked' over other 2 - received 3 free breakfasts next time I went in.

Wrote to Weetabix after free gift was missing from pack - received a stack of free gifts.

I'm currently waiting to hear from Coca-Cola: a can of pop exploded in my hand 2 weeks ago. Thankfully it exploded outward, it left a jagged tear down the length of the can. The cans had been stored upright in the same spot for several days - not shaken/dropped/etc.

I've emailed them a photo of the can and they've promised to send me some post-paid packaging to return the can for 'tests'. 2 weeks on, nothing. I'll phone them again tomorrow.
    some people grin and bear it, others smile and do it :)
  • aloiseb
    aloiseb Posts: 701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Eat Natural fruit and not bars:

I had a dodgy nut which tasted mouldy in one, and wrote a (rare) email to tell them about it.

they sent me 12 free bars!! (that's about £8 worth - more than made up for the dodgy nut!)
  • chralph
    chralph Posts: 143 Forumite
    Hi

Don't know if this is the right place for this. I bought 20 paintball tickets off the thedoghouse.com But i only recieved 9 tickets from them. I complained as it looks as if someone had taken one. I sent a letter in to them and i recieved 30 free paintball tickets and am apology! :D
    October £5 Per Day Challenge - £65/£95 :beer:
  • Bella_b
    Bella_b Posts: 859 Forumite
    I think I am going to complain to 3 customer services. First of all, I can never understand what the people are telling me over the phone because they all sound indian. I think their calls must be diverted to India or something. Secondly, on my bill this month they have charged me £36 for a call I didn't make abroad. My phone must have come unlocked and made it itself because I certainly did not. It says on the bill it was to the Customer services and for 56 mins, and why would I want to talk to the customer services department abroad??? I made one phonecall to them before I went to Corfu, saying I would like to enable my phone for use abroad, but didnt make any calls in the end. My mum said that they store the calls, and if they listened to it then they would see that it was nothing. They wouldnt hear me speaking.

So I called them the other day to complain, they said they would look into it, and maybe recalulate my bill, but I would have to phone back a few days later. I phoned back and was told that my bill was not able to be recalculated because the call had indeed originated from my phone! :mad: Very annoying! I kept trying to tell them that I never made that call, but they dont listen. I got cut off, and so had to phone again, this time spoke to a man (slightly easier to understand) and I told him the problem again.. and he was much nicer and said that the best he could do was take £10 off! :) I thought that was better than nothing. But my mum reckons that if I write to 3, and complain in a letter then they will take the full £35 off my bill. What does everyone think?

Also, I have another problem with them. I reached my limit on my phone, (cos I talk to my boyfriend a lot) and had to pay £5 to get it lifted, which apparently will be refunded next month. I pay by direct direct and the next payment is due to come out of my account on my birthday (6th July).. so if wanted to make any calls from now until 6th July. I would have to pay to get the ban lifted. I did so, but then 2 days later.. the limit appears again!! :mad: The girl on the phone told me that I would be able to make calls until the 6th.. not just for 2 days! I am annoyed, so I have put some credit on my payg phone to last me until my bill is paid. Hopefully the limit will have been lifted by then. :rolleyes: :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure