PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Kenwood Chef - Fun and Practical

Comments

• peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    This lodger of yours who cooks, do you lend him out?

We're on the central line so could stick a few quid on his Oyster and pay him in kindness by letting him use our Kenwood.:D
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Justamum wrote: »
    Where did you find one of these originals? How do they compare on price?

Ebay. Prices can vary wildly. I've seen £40 to £360 in the last couple of weeks.

You do have to bear in mind that the electrical components are 50 years old so may need an overhaul. The speed control, in particular, may be a bit flakey and the insulation on the wires will have seen better days.

My wife's chef is booked in for a full cosmetic and electrical refurbishment up to current safety standards.
  • dronid
    dronid Posts: 599 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    This lodger of yours who cooks, do you lend him out?

We're on the central line so could stick a few quid on his Oyster and pay him in kindness by letting him use our Kenwood.:D

We're down at Elephant & Castle, but I don't think I could pimp him out. As is, he's out this evening so I'm going to have to be creative.

Might be ham and vegetable pie with a breadcrumb topping.

At least I can make the breadcrumbs....:D

I could make it better myself at home. All I need is a small aubergine...

I moved to Liverpool for a better life.
    And goodness, it's turned out to be better and busier!
  • dronid
    dronid Posts: 599 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Just realised I'm going to have to make Soda Bread as I've got some smoked salmon trimmings in the freezer to use up (and some cream cheese likewise in the fridge!

I say 'have to make' meaning I now can't get the combination out of my head!

I could make it better myself at home. All I need is a small aubergine...

I moved to Liverpool for a better life.
    And goodness, it's turned out to be better and busier!
  • dronid wrote: »
    Welcome Peachy. You're in a safe place here.
    :eek::rotfl::eek::rotfl::eek::rotfl::eek:

Yes, with the liquidiser you do have to do a bit at a time but it's much better quality - and fresh breadcrumbs come out much better.

Lodger made chicken liver pate in it last night. I'm really going to need to catch up!:D

I'm an addict! Can I join?
  • Whoohooo someone else like me!! haha i made carrot and butternut squash mash in mine tonight! any excuse to use it! haha :)
    :j Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!! :j

Weightloss challenge 2/14

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • Made a loaf and am now making bread rolls :) my house smells beaut!!!

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I suffering withdrawl symptoms, I haven't used him at all today, only stroked him while passing :cry:
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Ohhh i cant go a day without doing something with him!!!! :)

• I suffering withdrawl symptoms, I haven't used him at all today, only stroked him while passing :cry:

Haven't used mine either. Looked at it lovingly whilst dishing the dinner up! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure