PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cleaning glass ceramic hob

Comments

• Hi I also use hob brite but Stardrops as recommend on this chat forum work a treat perhaps give them a try I did and I think they are great.
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Book says ceramic hob scraper and cleaner :rolleyes: surely must be something else I have which will work or where can I buy them cheaper, looked in Homebase, sheesh, not paying that much!

What do you use on yours ? Any tips/do/don't do's also as I've never used one before :o
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Have you got a new cooker and hob, lil_me :beer:

Don't have one myself, but a couple of threads here:

- Ceramic glass hob

- Ceramic hob - cleaner?

Enjoy it! Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    You lucky thing, I'd love one!

Penny, I merged both of those links together while you were posting, so they can both now be found here

Pink
  • lil_me
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Yep arrived this morning, all spangly :p but I haven't managed to get a raclette yet (payment not gone in, darn it) so call it revenge :p and want to keep it nice, thanks for the links :) off for a mooch
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 580 Forumite
    Hrllo
    I have a ceramic hob & initially bought a special paste to clean it. Then I went to Lakeland!!!
    They have a pack of 2 'cloths' that just need water. One is a gentle scourer that you use first very wet. Then there's a sort of microfibre towel thing that dries & polishes it.
    I haven't needed any other cleaners & it works really well. Environmentally friendly, effective & OS. Couldn't be better.
  • lil_me
    Combo Breaker First Post
    :( we don't have a Lakeland nearby, but I could order online I suppose. I'll have a look and see if I can find them, sounds like what I need, prefer no chemicals if possible.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Hi
    I use a cleaner called 'Hob Brite' on my ceramic hob.

I've had my ceramic hob for 15 years and it still looks like new.
    I think the trick is to clean it every time you spill anything, only use pans that are recommended for ceramic hobs and don't drag the pans across the hob to avoid scratches.

I love mine, I would never want to cook on anything else.

Polly
  • beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    We stay regularly at a friend's cottage up in Norfolk. Her hob still gleams and Hob Brite is what she uses.
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hob Brite here too but also have a scraper that's basically a very sharp blade you run on the surface that doesn't scratch it but gets all the burnt on stuff off... Alternatively don't let your OH cook and I bet it'll be a lot easier to clean ;)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport