PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Comments

• Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ^ I couldn't find anything to improve porridge! I've tried and really can't get on with it even though I want to like it...

Toast for lunch, my kitchen is a bit of a no go area so I can't really get out and cook for a couple of days, think I will probably just have more granola/yog for dinner tonight. I did have a banana earlier but missing my veg..
  • Ms NR, I just measure out my porridge oats then add a spoonful of dried drinking chocolate powder and then add the water and heat for 3 mins, thickens up nicely and with the berries added at the end it tastes like Black Forest Gateau which can't be a bad thing can it :p

Being lazy today, had a cheese salad roll for lunch and going to have my spicy bean stew in a tortilla wrap for dinner. Still feeling over-full from eating so much yesterday.

I need to start planning next weeks meals in the next day or so and I really want to test out the slow cooker. Like you though Kirri, I like lots of veggies and/or salad and I'm a bit reluctant to have another whole week of meat eating so perhaps I should start with a veggie casserole/curry in the slow cooker. Hmmm, will need to think about that.
  • ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    edited 9 May 2014 at 8:08PM
    Going to try that older, that sounds yum!

Decided I couldn't face the porridge and water today, I don't have any drinking choc after all and i'm not doing another shop until next week.
    I had a smoothie for breakfast instead, a can of coconut water with bits, 3 peaches, half a lemon, a bunch of grapes, 2 tangerines, 3 baby tomatoes and a can of pineapple chunks small, was really tasty, way better than porridge, enough left for tomorrows breakfast, its really filling, lunch was the weight watcher granary with gem lettuce and cheddar cheese, a small sandwich, dinner will be the last of the stir fry mix,a couple of pittas and maybe some lettuce, bit like a fajita, may add another tiny bit of cheese, since I did do the entire 45 min zumba workout today.

Be using up stuff from the cupboards tomorrow as I;m making burritos, cant wait, I will be making the tortillas from scratch again, must remember to soak the beans, I reckon I make this dish every other week.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,923 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    In to freezer - nothing.
    Out of freezer - HM quiche + HM apple pudding + HM pie + HM apple scones.
    For dinner we had HM wedges + HM smoked mackerel quiche. Was going to have it with mushy peas but got a ys lettuce - 25p so we had salad.
    Fridaysdinner_zps13b528c0.jpg
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 252/253
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £45.77/£100 NSD - 75
    2024 Craft Makes - 204 Craft Spends 2024 £295.23/£500
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    That meal looks very tasty!
  • panda7190
    panda7190 Posts: 60 Forumite
    So painful I have to share my freezer with the flatmates and I don't have as much space for myself as I'd like :(

Out of the freezer - half French baton
    In - small loaf of bread and warburtons thins - reduced, frozen yogurt, frozen parathas
    190/1378 - 52 week money challenge 2016/17
    £265 - new fivers so far and still going :beer:
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    I am defrosting the second freezer, and am also doing a massive cook up of the meat that is in there, it will return to the freezer as meals at some point tomorrow. I have a lot of sausages, some mince, lamb steaks and a lot of steed fruit from last year. Lots of crumbles about to be delivered to friends in this street. I have five orders which will be a good way of clearing the freezer before this year's fruit starts going in next month. Cherry, white currants and gooseberry pie ,or apricot, raspberry and strawberry crumble anyone?
  • ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    edited 10 May 2014 at 6:30PM
    Evening all.

It appears i'm having a vegetarian day today, smoothie for breakfast, seasoned bbq beans on 2 ww malted loaf for lunch and Burritos for dinner.

Enough beans left over for breakfast tomorrow.

Out the freezer is some sausage meat to make meatballs tomorrow.

The Bean mix is currently bubbling away in the slow cooker, will make the tortillas in a bit. decided to add some of the ys baby tomatoes and some grated carrots also ys, that needed using, we shall see if it turns out any different.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • [QUOTE=tootallulah;_Cherry,_white_currants_and_gooseberry_pie_,or_apricot,_raspberry_and_strawberry_crumble_anyone?[/QUOTE]

:D sounds like my idea of heaven!

You sound like a woman on a mission with your healthy eating Ms NR, good on you! I've been out today so no meals to prepare and will be making Nigella's flatbread, hummus and chip sarnie for supper as that seems like perfect Eurovision Song Contest food:rotfl:.
  • Home grown mince out yesterday which meant spag bolg last night and left over with jacket potato tonight. Also got some milk out defrosting. However 2 packs of the yellow sticker ham that I got last week has finally gone in.
    House purchased November 2013
    Original MF Date: January 2045 - £104,400
    Current MF Date: April 2030- £48,719. 75
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family