P2P: MoneyThing

Comments

• where else do you invest outside p2p?

i didnt know ablrate does debit card instant funding.

Outside of P2P I have a core investment of Vanguard Lifestrategy trackers, a mixture of managed funds like Emerging Markets, Small Companies and Asian funds.

I also invest in some Investment Trusts like City of London, Murray International for a dividend based portfolio which I reinvest until ready to take and Woodford Income fund, Asian Income, Infrastructure fund and Investment Trust as part of this and my P2P is a smaller proportion of my overall investments mainly started from reducing some cash over into P2P.

I still invest as normal into my stocks and shares ISA etc while building the P2P loans up as well along with it. These are what I invest in at the moment outside of having some property as well.

Yes I have been using my debit card with Ablrate and it works really well and will add some more next week.

Hope that helps.
  • Rheumatoid
    Rheumatoid Posts: 887 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 May 2017 at 2:06PM
    Just had a look around moneything and it looks good. My main concern is why would some of the apparently large developers after large loans pay this kind of interest? Why wouldn't they borrow from banks at much lower rates, particularly if they have equity? Is it because they are high risk and banks won't lend?
    16 Panel (250W JASolar) 4kWp, facing 170 degrees, 40 degree slope, Solis Inverter. Installed 29/9/2015 - £4700 (Norfolk Solar Together Scheme); 9.6kWh US2000C Pylontech batteries + Solis Inverter installed 12/4/2022 Year target (PVGIS-CMSAF) = 3880kWh - Installer estimate 3452 kWh:Average over 6 years = 4400 :j
  • I've had a deposit pending with MT for quite a while now, not sure if this is normal or not. How long do they normally take?
  • fun4everyone
    fun4everyone Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    They are usually quick but on p2p independent forum today they have mentioned some problems today. They have a backup system in place apparently, just a bit slower.

http://www.p2pindependentforum.com/board/80/moneything
  • They are usually quick but on p2p independent forum today they have mentioned some problems today. They have a backup system in place apparently, just a bit slower.

http://www.p2pindependentforum.com/board/80/moneything
    Thanks for that , seems like it should have gone in by now then. I will try another deposit and see what happens...
  • fun4everyone
    fun4everyone Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Thanks for that , seems like it should have gone in by now then. I will try another deposit and see what happens...

There is a very responsive rep on that board (username MoneyThing). Try posting in the "deposit" thread there they will help you out. You did fill out the form on the site of course after sending the transfer I am sure?
  • There is a very responsive rep on that board (username MoneyThing). Try posting in the "deposit" thread there they will help you out. You did fill out the form on the site of course after sending the transfer I am sure?

I may sign up for that forum if it doesn't appear, I think I did everything correctly but will re-check. Thanks for your help!
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I may sign up for that forum if it doesn't appear, I think I did everything correctly but will re-check. Thanks for your help!

Did you note the despot on the Moneything website as well as send with an appropriate reference?

If you don't do this they won't acknowledge receipt.
  • taylornj
    taylornj Posts: 296 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I did deposits yesterday and today without problems. Two bites out of the new 13% loan.
  • bigadaj wrote: »
    Did you note the despot on the Moneything website as well as send with an appropriate reference?

If you don't do this they won't acknowledge receipt.
    Everything is sorted, it was my own error!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure