Do Quotes/Bills need to be itemised ??

Options
I have been having a long battle to get quote/repair carried out on my property - with the bill being split 4 ways. So quote received, go ahead given, work stopped, new quote required, new go ahead given, work carried out. That was all fine (well it wasn't but that's another story).

Now, bill received listing what was done, and a total figure given for all work carried out. However in the quote given, they list items/work that was not carried out.

Sorry so long winded, but from reporting a repair to now its a week less than A YEAR.

Is it normal to receive a bill total or Am I within my rights to ask for an itemised bill?
Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19

Comments

• Furts
    Furts Posts: 4,474 Forumite
    Options
    Go back to the presenter of the bill and say you are happy to pay whatever but on the proviso you are first given the itemised bill. Basically, a refusal to pay usually stirs the other party into action because they want the money. Hence you get your itemised bill.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am only asking as there are jobs listed on the bill, that wasn't done. I know for fact as, bill states removal of furniture and floor covering and place in skip.

That's strange - NEVER seen furniture or floor coverings - above a window on the outside of the building or any skip for that matter.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • principlecounts
    Options
    I'm in a similar position to the OP. I had a series home improvements to be done, and contacted a local handyman company to carry out the work. They did a decent enough job on the main work, but other parts were really unprofessional, and didn't do what I asked for one of the items. I've given them an opportunity to fix the mistakes, and for the one item they didn't carry out, they are saying a different machine was required and it would cost more. So it begs the question, why didn't they use that particular machine to do what I asked? I would first question the items you're concerned about, and directly ask for a refund or adjustment to the bill. I've asked for a refund, but was told it wasn't company policy to provide refunds under a certain amount. In response, I'm going to let them fix the mistakes, whilst simultaneously building a case for local trading standards against them.
    Student loan: Cleared.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport