Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    i was at a club last year and lost a stone (i want to lose 6) stopped over christmas then rejoined with my daughter. my girl has lost nearly 3 stone and I have lost next to nothing. admittedly it took me ages to get into it again but for the past month i have been sticking to it strictly . i lost 6 one week, 1.5 the next then maintained and this week went along feeling great with a flatter tummy convinced i would have a loss as i have been doing great with the plan only to be told i have gained 1.5 lb. my leader said she is really concerned and i felt ashamed at her comment she is adamant there is something wrong in what I'm doing but i use the slimming world site and fill in every thing i eat.
    the only thing thats different is that I've had shingles and been unwell/ cannt stay awake for the last fortnight but the leader says it wouldnt be affectinng it. she maintains i dot need to be very active if i stick to the plan which i have. i am so fed up

I agree with posting your menus here for extra help. You say you felt slimmer, did you try measuring yourself as sometimes the inches go but numbers on scales don't (if that makes sense). Have you tried some eesp days or meals to give a bit of a boost? Ermm what else? Portion control, plenty of water (I know I don't :o). Or it could just be good old Mother Nature messing with your hormones (don't you just love her?)
    My only advice really is don't be disheartened just keep a plodding it will come good in the end! :A
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • jayII
    jayII Posts: 40,693 Forumite
    Options
    i was at a club last year and lost a stone (i want to lose 6) stopped over christmas then rejoined with my daughter. my girl has lost nearly 3 stone and I have lost next to nothing. admittedly it took me ages to get into it again but for the past month i have been sticking to it strictly . i lost 6 one week, 1.5 the next then maintained and this week went along feeling great with a flatter tummy convinced i would have a loss as i have been doing great with the plan only to be told i have gained 1.5 lb. my leader said she is really concerned and i felt ashamed at her comment she is adamant there is something wrong in what I'm doing but i use the slimming world site and fill in every thing i eat.
    the only thing thats different is that I've had shingles and been unwell/ cannt stay awake for the last fortnight but the leader says it wouldnt be affectinng it. she maintains i dot need to be very active if i stick to the plan which i have. i am so fed up

I've just joined a new SW club (I've moved house) and your consultant sounds like the one who leads my new club. I've done SW twice before at different groups and the consultants were lovely, supportive and encouraging, but this new one is more critical and seems to take gains or 'only small losses' as a personal affront. I was cringing at the way she talked to some of the ladies last week. :(

As yours also seems critical, I'd take her negative comments with a big pinch of salt. As Lois says, they don't have medical training, so how can they possibly know about the effect of different illnesses on a person's body!

All the medics now say that slow weight loss is much better for us, so a 6lb overall loss over a month is perfect! I'm aiming for 1-2lbs max loss each week, because I want this to be a lifelong change, not a quick fix. I'm also determined not to worry about occasional gains, as long as the overall trend is downwards. Life is tough, so it's important to focus on the big picture and give ourselves (and our bodies) a little bit of compassion and understanding during the tough times, such as when we are ill.
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Fighting the biggest battle of my life. :( Started 30th January 2018.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • LizzieR
    LizzieR Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Not had much time to post again this week, but still plodding on. Loss of 1/2lb for me, and finally achieved my 4 1/2 stone award :D It's been a long time since i got my last award and I seem to have been on a bit of a rollercoaster for the last few months, but 4 weeks of losses in a row should help to keep me on track....

Small packages, just to echo some of the comments above about the impact of health issues on weightloss - I have weeks when I'm convinced I should have a loss as I've been 100% on plan, but if my IBS is having a flare up, or I have a cold etc then the scales tend to become a bit random, and I've recognised that even when I start to feel better it can take a few weeks for things to go back to normal. I think some SW group leaders don't recognise that our bodies have inbuilt systems to deal with illness which don't necessarily follow the SW plan - we're more complicated than that. I just find I have to plod on with it and keep believing that it does work in the long run and have faith that my body knows what it's doing - if it holds onto weight some weeks 'cos I'm ill, stressed, tired, etc it's doing it as part of its self protection mechanism.

As has also been said, everyone's weightloss journey will be different - we've all got different patterns to change. I'm staggered at the losses some people seem t get week in, week out, and it does make me wonder what they were eating before they started SW. As someone who doesn't drink alcohol, eat meat and has some food intolerances when I joined SW it was much more about tweaking what I ate rather than a dramatic change, so although I've a lot to lose it's a pretty slow journey for me, but then it took years to gain the weight, so it's gonna take some time to lose it. I just can't compare my situation to anyone else's.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    I meant to add small do you weigh / measure anything you're supposed to syn?

I don't usually stay to class when there's a cover leader taking the class but I stayed to one and she was talking about the pictures people put online of their food. Anyway once she saw a picture of a meal that, in her words, had lashings of mayonnaise and the comment was one syn for the mayo.

She said it was all she could do not to post something saying my **** is that one syn!!!
  • LizzieR
    Options
    Quick question I forgot to add in my last post....
    when a SW recipe uses a muller light, can anyone tell me what would be the equivalent weight in natural yoghurt? As a veggie I don't eat muller light so have no idea what size the pot is and end up ignoring some recipes I'd quite like to use.
    Thanks!
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I am ashamed to say that I have....:mad:

GAINED 2 lb. I will say no more apart from it's disgusting :eek::eek:
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    LizzieR wrote: »
    Quick question I forgot to add in my last post....
    when a SW recipe uses a muller light, can anyone tell me what would be the equivalent weight in natural yoghurt? As a veggie I don't eat muller light so have no idea what size the pot is and end up ignoring some recipes I'd quite like to use.
    Thanks!

A pot's 175g ....or at least that's the toffee one!
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy Birthday Maman _party_ hope you have a fab day xx

Welcome to the board :wave: small packages and jay11.

wiz :naughty: it's not disgusting, it's just a blip! We all have weeks that don't go to plan, use it as your motivation to get back on track and smash it next week :T

I'm still not back on track after the birthday binge :o although I am craving fruit and veg so might go up the shop and grab some bits for making a fruit salad etc. Really enjoying the Tesco flavoured sparkling water at the moment too, I've managed to cut down my coke consumption which is excellent and it helps with my water intake! :T

Hope everyone's ok xx
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• chocomonsta
    Options
    wizkid1 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone, I am ashamed to say that I have....:mad:

GAINED 2 lb. I will say no more apart from it's disgusting :eek::eek:

Aw Whizid - don't be too hard on your self, give yourself a big hug and get back on it.

I too am struggling after having months of losses I seem to be STS most weeks with no overall loss since December I think. Looking at the wider picture, and I am happy overall.

Good luck and hugs to everyone.
  • LizzieR
    Options
    A pot's 175g ....or at least that's the toffee one!

Brilliant! Thanks for letting me know. Right, now to check out some recipes :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure