Motability speeding points :(

Options
I think i just got flashed by a speed camera, Im honestly not sure if it was me, i saw the flash in my mirror and panicked i looked at me speedo and i was just over 30 mph, there was a car next to me that was going faster i am thinking it was them but im just really worried in case it was actually me.

Ive never had any points or fines in my life, can motability stop my contract if i get a speeding ticket?

Comments

• rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    Options
    Markoo wrote: »
    I think i just got flashed by a speed camera, Im honestly not sure if it was me, i saw the flash in my mirror and panicked i looked at me speedo and i was just over 30 mph,

By 'just over' - do you mean 31, or 39?
  • Markoo_2
    Markoo_2 Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    rogerblack wrote: »
    By 'just over' - do you mean 31, or 39?

I honestly can't be sure maybe 33 - 35 at the absolute most. The link provided in all honestly isn't very helpful. I understand if you had multiple speeding ticket or other offenses, i would like to know how they handle a single speeding ticket a little over 30 mph.
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    you'll be fine as long as you tell them as soon as you get the ticket through the post
  • dizzybuff
    dizzybuff Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Options
    Most forces set a precident of 37mph. I say most as some are different . As it was a speed camera , Im presuming its a wet film one (gatso) not a red speed one . The lines on the floor will be the secondry markings the staff look at. If the car next to you was travelling faster , these markings will show that and the staff memener will determine who to send the ticket too ( they are more like a back up for the actual software. This will then be sent to motorbility who are the registered keeper ( I think ) and the ticket office in turn will send it out to you once informed . Motorbility are bound by law to reply to reply to this as if they dont they can end up in court. Once you recieve it there should be a declaration to state you were the driver.

But that being said , they have 14 days from the offence to get the NIP in the post. Not 14 days to receive it.

If the camera was a small camera on a tall post , they will be digital. if its a square box on a post it may be digital or wet film. If digital they are usualkly downloaded every few days.

So its a case of hanging tight and waiting to see.
    ONE HOUSE , DS+ DD Missymoo Living a day at a time and getting through this mess you have created.
    One day life will have no choice but to be nice to me :rotfl:
  • Derwent
    Derwent Posts: 571 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If its your first offence you will probably get offered a chance to attend a Speed Awareness course and if you attend that you will not get any points on your licence.
    Its amazing how these banks can't even do simple calculations correctly..............
  • dizzybuff
    Options
    Derwent is right , but it also depends how much you were over. Take the course pay the fee , smile and drive at the speed limit , happy days.
    ONE HOUSE , DS+ DD Missymoo Living a day at a time and getting through this mess you have created.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    its likely that whilst the camera "flashed"that there was no film in it
  • dizzybuff
    Options
    The cameras do not flash if there is no film in them as the unit is programmed not to do that. if it flashed there will be a film or it will be digital , when processed only then will they know if the picture passes quality checks and then a nip can be sent out.
  • easy
    easy Posts: 2,516 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DON'T PANIC ...
    Of course Motability won't end your contract for one speeding ticket. I'd guess that the huge majority of drivers who have had a licence for a number of years will have picked up a ticket at one time or another.
    Please stop worrying now. Honestly you haven't any need to worry at all.
    I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure