Any advise?

Options
I am currently looking into whether i have any PPI which i can claim back.
My husband is convinced that there is a possible claim against 2 Lloyds bank loans.
The 2 Lloyds bank loans were taken out 1 in 1985 for £1000 and 1 in 1986 for the same amount. Unfortunately, my husband has not kept his bank statements and only started to keep them from 2001.
I sent a SAR request to Lloyds and they have been very helpful and sent me two very heavy parcels this week with lots of information but they can not go back any further than Sept 2001 - is this correct?
Does anybody have any ideas how i can find out any information on these 2 bank loans dating back to 1980's.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    If neither you nor Lloyds have it, then you won't find it anywhere else.
  • Wizzeroo
    Options
    Thanks zx81. I kind of thought that might be the case. Just a bit frustrating that i don't have the statements.
  • societys_child
    Options
    Just a bit frustrating that i don't have the statements.
    It's a long time ago . . .
    If you had the statements and could show you did have ppi, what would be your reason(s) for complaint?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Wizzeroo wrote: »
    My husband is convinced that there is a possible claim against 2 Lloyds bank loans.
    The 2 Lloyds bank loans were taken out 1 in 1985 for £1000 and 1 in 1986 for the same amount.
    PPI only became widespread at the very end of the 1980's, so the chances are slim that your loans even had PPI.

Regardless, with no documentary evidence from your own archive, this complaint has stalled before it even started.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure