Mbna plevin

Options

Comments

• diddldonna
    Options
    Is plevin just related to HSBC or other Banks etc. too? I received a letter and sent the part back with details as requested from HSBC from a previous rejected PPI complaint. Do they send a letter to everyone or just those whom they think can claim it back.
  • clarehell
    Options
    Posted my letter back last week , already had a reply back saying they are looking into the commission charges , would be nice to receive a small windfall before Christmas... you never know !:T
  • Handomum
    Options
    I received a form from MBNA as I had previously had a PPI claim rejected. I sent it back at the end of October and got a decision letter yesterday saying my complaint upheld and £2900 coming within 28 days. I'm delighted to finally get something from them I felt completely let down over the whole PPI thing
  • Lemmons46
    Options
    Handomum. Gosh that was quick ! I had the same letter end of Oct and all I have had is 2 letters since. 1 acknowledgement and a 2nd letter saying they have until 20th December to respond! Why do some people get a quick response and others left wondering is beyond me. You would think the response times should be about the same for all complaints. :(
  • Gig1968
    Gig1968 Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well-done handomom same here letter end of October no money revived yet awaiting £2500. I'm on day 26 of the alleged 28 days to make payment. I phoned them to see what was happening. Spoke to the department guy said I had to wait. Cheques never leave before the 28 days are up. So then have to wait for it to arrive. As I have commented before this company are the worst financial company I have ever dealt with. All other claims that have been upheld by other banks have been paid out fair more quickly.

Should the cheque not arrive after the 28 days am I allowed to complain to the ombudsman and am I allowed further interest on claim.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Gig1968 wrote: »
    Should the cheque not arrive after the 28 days am I allowed to complain to the ombudsman and am I allowed further interest on claim.
    Interest is calculated up until the day the cheque is issued.

You can refer your complaint to the Ombudsman after the 28 days has elapsed, but that is only likely to delay eventual payment still further..
  • Gig1968
    Options
    So if the cheque was issued after the 28 days it it would differ to the original offer
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Gig1968 wrote: »
    So if the cheque was issued after the 28 days it it would differ to the original offer
    Yes, but the interest would not be anything significantly extra over the course of a month.
  • Cleo9990
    Options
    When you say earlier ones tended to have higher commission levels.....how early is early? My ppi started on my credit card with cap one in 2004. Had card since 2003. Do I stand a chance do u think? I've complained and am waiting..... Fingers crossed!!
  • Gig1968
    Options
    Cheque arrived friday
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts