First Direct Current Account Switch Blagged Deal

Comments

• Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    MONEYTREE wrote: »
    Wasted half an hour on FirstDirect site, unable to find the answer.

Once you'd received your £125 (or should I say £100 as that appears to be what it is now) how long do you have to have that account open? I mean, if you shut the account X weeks or months later do they take back the £100?

Why do you want to leave ? First Direct are one of the only banks that give you money to leave in the first twelve months if you are unhappy with them.
  • MONEYTREE_2
    MONEYTREE_2 Posts: 147 Forumite
    Terry that does not answer my question!

Can anyone answer it please?
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper

If there is nothing in the T&Cs which specifies that you must hold the account for xx weeks/months or forfeit the incentive, then you can close the account, or move on whenever you wish.
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post

The reason I asked was because of this...

'***£100 to say goodbye

We're not just sure you'll love our service more than anyone else's - we're banking on it. If you don't like the way we do things after six months, we'll not only help you move banks - we'll give you £100 as a leaving present.

To qualify, you must have paid at least £1,000 a month into your account for six months and not have banked with us before, as well as switched to us initially using the Current Account Switch Service. You need to contact us to let us know you're unhappy within 12 months of opening your account, and you'll get the money within 28 days of the criteria being met. If you do decide to leave, all other products you hold with first direct will also need to be closed.'
    http://www1.firstdirect.com/1/2/banking/current-account

Sorry if it didn't answer your question!
  • brisker
    brisker Posts: 2 Newbie
    applied accepted in 2016 still with them their service is second to none will be with them forever thanks for the link
  • MONEYTREE_2
    Can you get the switching bonus of £125 if you currently have a current account with HSBC, which owns First Direct?
  • MONEYTREE_2
    Thank you Badger! x
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Can you get the switching bonus of £125 if you currently have a current account with HSBC, which owns First Direct?

Yes.

Basically, if the T&C don't actually say you can't, then you can:p.

What is not specified in T&C is as important as what is ;)
  • Is it just me or is anyone else having problems applying for this account online? Everytime I try to, it kicks me off once I have completed all of my employment details, nothing is saved and then I have to start all over again from the beginning.This is the 3rd time its happened and I'm getting really frustrated, I had problems with Santandar too and Im fed up trying! Any really easy bank accounts to set up online out there?
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MandyHowes wrote: »
    Is it just me or is anyone else having problems applying for this account online? Everytime I try to, it kicks me off once I have completed all of my employment details, nothing is saved and then I have to start all over again from the beginning.This is the 3rd time its happened and I'm getting really frustrated, I had problems with Santandar too and Im fed up trying! Any really easy bank accounts to set up online out there?

Call them ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport