DMP - How big was yours?

Options

Comments

• Mort
    Mort Posts: 552 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In May 2006@ LBM we owed circa £45k, by November 2011 when we became debt free the total repaid was £54,722.06.
    Those five and a bit years were a hard slog but it was necessary.
    Proud to have dealt with my debts, became debt free on 03/11/2011. Repaid £54,723.41 LBM May 2006.
    Debt Free Roll Of Honour #504
    Mortgage Free from October 2019
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    TimTheBear wrote: »
    Just curious.. :D

When I started my DMP in 2010 it was in excess of 158k.

44k left to pay. With a debt free day of March 2016 :j

I'm not bragging. But I'd thought i'd let people out there know, youre not the only one with their own almost seemingly impossible mountain to climb.

WOW !!! Now that must of been some party chap :beer: !!
    I thought my debt was big at 54 grand.
    Congrats at getting this far !!:T
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • toots82
    toots82 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

was 35k debt, paying back £700 a month, £85 to think link/wilson andrews and rest split between many debtors, initially for 5 years, looking at jobs changing and increasing income so hopefully by this time next year can overpay by and additional £700 a month and get rid in 3 years total. Would still have been slowly sinking if hadn't started this in December!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 27 July 2014 at 3:24PM
    Options
    Size isn't everything.

It's what you do with it, that matters. ;)

Oh come on. Someone had to do the obvious joke. :D

Actually, I never had a DMP, but my debts, at the time of my LBM, were around £15k.
  • chocky
    chocky Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    monkey1000 wrote: »
    Hi guys - just sent off the paperwork for my DMP today - £86K. Think I'm going to have a rocky road for a while. My question to you guys is, 1 of my creditors is Barclaycard - and possibly wrongly I have opened a Barclays cash card account as my new basic bank a/c. Didnt think about the connection - do you think i should change to another bank??

Definitely change banks. If you owe money to Barclays, they can take anything that is in your Barclays bank account so you need a basic bank account with someone who you dont owe money to. When I set up my DMP, I opened a very basic account with the Co-op - no overdraft facility, no extras and it works for me.
    chockychocky :A
  • Kate_fixing_it
    Options
    Bedsit_Bob wrote: »
    Size isn't everything.

It's what you do with it, that matters. ;)

Oh come on. Someone had to do the obvious joke. :D

Actually, I never had a DMP, but my debts, at the time of my LBM, were around £15k.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mine stands at around £10.5k now. I've paid over £5k since my LBM.

To some it's a puddle, to me it's an ocean but one I'm proudly swimming across thanks to the water wings provided by Stepchange and MSE.

So in terms of ratio, when repaid I'll have paid over 68% of my annual salary for debt.

I'm in absolute awe of the people who have made it to debt freedom and so glad I have this place to see I'm not alone and I can and will get through this.

Kate x
    LBM 17th Oct13 - SC DMP - DFD 10th Feb 2018
    paid pre-DMP £6146 :D paid with DMP £2275 :D F&F's £700 (£450 discount) £1,000 (£1,498.22 discount) £ 700 (489.62 discount) :D Total £9725

Current debt to repay £3,503.13 taking one day at a time
  • hardikjshah83
    Options
    at its highest peak of our joint debt in April'14 was £22.5k, as of now its only £16k, hopefully will be clearing it in 3 years time while also buying our 1st house :)
    01/05/14 : -22545.93
    01/02/15 : -8133.00
    01/02/16 : -15867.00 :mad::mad::mad:
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I started mine in April 2007 with £35000. It's now standing at £2064 and WILL be gone by January 2015.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • mrshughes86
    mrshughes86 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Mine and my husbands DMP was for £61k when we started in October 2010, we were paying back £600 a month and it felt like it would never end. Now we are up to paying off over £1500 a month and only have £8200 left to go!
    The end is in sight!
  • antonic
    antonic Posts: 1,977 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    £24k when I made my first payment to Payplan in Dec 2005.

90 months later I was DF, and I have been OFFICIALLY DF for 12 months now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport