Walk 2000 miles in 2017

Comments

• indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    edited 13 February 2017 at 9:40AM
    35 miles run this week. Nearly back up to my usual training load. Still taking it easy though. Hopefully pick up the pace and the mileage a bit next week.
    162 miles so far in total.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Jonbvn
    Jonbvn Posts: 5,562
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Reporting in at the end of the 6th week 12 Feb 2017:

As of midnight last night, I have walked 612.14 km (380.37 miles) putting me 229.73 km (142.75 miles) ahead of schedule.

Keep on keeping on!
    In case you hadn't already worked it out - the entire global financial system is predicated on the assumption that you're an idiot:cool:
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    38.3 miles this week, so I'm slowly eroding my deficit. I'll wait till the end of the month until I do a calcultion of how much I've eaten into my 22 mile deficit as of the end of January.:o
  • SplanK
    SplanK Posts: 1,152
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    So far for me...

Last week was 45.6 miles. Total this year 214 miles.
    16.7 miles deficit overall on weekly average (2000 mile target), eating into it slowly!
  • I have noticed that my tracking watch tells me that I burn an average of 500 cals for every 3 miles that I walk, it does vary slightly if I go a bit faster (on my own) but at least I have another target to aim for (multiples of 3 miles) :D

I'm not sure if I am still ahead of target, I will check at the end of the month, I tend to concentrate on my weekly target of 30 miles and anything over that goes towards the 2000 mile chalenge.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    This week I'm up to 663,134 steps, 2302 floors, 289 miles, 117,469 calories burned so far this year so far ahead of schedule by around 10 miles a week, at least it gives me some leeway for later in the year if I have any off weeks.
  • 49.12 miles to add for my last weeks walking taking me to 217.37 for the year.

That give me a rough 39 miles a week to complete the challeng.

Would like to get a bit ahead of myself but sat here on the sofa isnt going to help with that is it?
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • A quick end of week 7 post and coming in just below 40 miles. Another only just on target week but I'm doing a new gym programme and it's taking it out of me so happy enough to just be keeping up. It's a bit up and down at the minute, days of only 2-3 miles and then days of 8 or 9 miles lol. Still slightly ahead of target - 290 miles against a target of 270 - which is fine all things considered.

Hope you're all getting on ok!
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    A quick end of week 7 post and coming in just below 40 miles. Another only just on target week but I'm doing a new gym programme and it's taking it out of me so happy enough to just be keeping up. It's a bit up and down at the minute, days of only 2-3 miles and then days of 8 or 9 miles lol. Still slightly ahead of target - 290 miles against a target of 270 - which is fine all things considered.

Hope you're all getting on ok!

Good going, I am still getting back to usual level of training so only 25 miles so far, but am aiming to run 15 miles tomorrow so that should put me on target for the week. (If I make it round lol)
    187 miles so far for 2017 - much to make up for still...
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
  • Quiet week with only 35.5 miles walked but I should be close to 50 miles next week as i will be delivering the BT phone book starting on Wednesday morning and I get the week started tomorrow with a 9 mile walk with the Ramblers :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure