Little by little....to be MF

Options

Comments

• Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    Morning all,

Very chilly here in Scotland today. Did not enjoy scraping the windscreen this morning :(

However, I TT £1 again this morning meaning all the end of month £1 TT have added up to over £20! So I have met my target TT even though I thought I wouldn't and might have to re-do it. Think as I have been doing them everyday this month compared to last month I have managed a few more £1 ones which add up. So even though we are so low this month (thanks Janaury!) managing to make over £20 of a bonus OP is a great achievement for me. It might be so small compared to other people, but at least we can do that and it isn't £20 spent on something that doesn't mean anything!

Hope everyone has a good weekend OPing and being MSE :)
    Retro x

PS diet is going well-ish (few nights out) and helping the purse strings as it is very little meat and all veg! :)
    Save
    Original Mortgage: £134k Sept 2044 :eek: Current Mortgage: £126k Neutral Oct 2039
    Ideal goal: TBC :cool:
    Bonus OPs made 2017: 7 total= £159.91
    Save
    Save
  • Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    Ooops I haven't been keeping up with my diary! But I did manage to make a bonus OP of £24.03 for January! :D:T I didn't think I was going to manage the £20 OPs but the last few days of the month there are no DDs so there are a few £1 TT that add up. So I might keep it as it is for the time being. However, January has been a bit tight with paying for two CC now we are in an overlap and also my BF has his birthday tomorrow! It is always annoying it being so close to Christmas but what can you do :rotfl:

Quite happy with the OP and my diet has helped with groceries as we haven't bought any more booze or naughty foods, and sheer quantity has dropped so it is helping to lower the grocery bill this month. Pooch needed her boosters and flea stuff so that was a cool £120 just for her as well! Why do Boxers have to cost an arm and a leg?! She is beautiful though and such a clown we can't moan too much as she is such a healthy pup :A

Finished the majority of the decorating in our lounge this weekend so I am feeling much more settled in our magnolia palace that is a new build house! It is a wonder what a bit of polystyrene cornicing and paint can do to a room :D

Enough of the yarning on, hope you all have an MSE week :money:
    Retro x
    Save
    Save
    Original Mortgage: £134k Sept 2044 :eek: Current Mortgage: £126k Neutral Oct 2039
    Save
    Save
  • Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    Morning all, long break again due to holiday preparations, busy work schedule and lots of family visits! Lots of spending unfortunately as [STRIKE]we [/STRIKE] I needed some things for our holiday. Getting so excited now to have three blissful weeks in America exploring and eating! We are still paying that one off, although we have a fair amount banked in cashback from the Amex we use to buy everything now. The cashback is paid on the annual anniversary so it will be a bonus for Christmas time!

Two birthdays while we are away and one just before as well, so going to be tight! Although we saved up money for going away and it's quite a bit so might transfer it back when we come back if we still have an excess.

Going to fall just short of the £20 TT goal this month being a short month so I think I will leave my goal at £20.

Nothing else to report as not much MSEness is happening oops!

Hope all is well for all you MFWs
    Retro x
    Save
    Save
  • Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    Morning!

Nice and sunny here in Bonny Scotland again :j almost ready to jet off to USA for three weeks! Cannot wait! We will probably not be MSE as it is a once in a lifetime type trip!

Still managed a £17 OP for last month which isn't too bad considering February is a short month and I didn't TT everyday (oops!).

Hopefully when we get back, we will be refreshed and ready to be MSE and drop the pounds of Slimming World as well :rotfl: from all the American food :eek:

Hope you all have a good March! See you in April :beer:
    Retro x
    Save
    Save
  • Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    Hi all!

So finally back into the swing of things after coming back from America. And some big news....we got engaged! At the Grand Canyon no less, it was the most romantic thing I have ever been involved in so I obviously balled my eyes out! So now it's save save save for a future wedding which isn't very MFW!

Managed to OP a measly £13 last month but anything is better than nothing I suppose. Also didn't put on any weight in USA although it might have been all the walking we did in Vegas...Slimming World is going well so far though and isn't too expensive which is what I was worried about.

This month I hope to be more on top of my TT and also need to cut the spending on groceries a bit more so we can pay off our holiday. We also decided to get the cleaners back which is another expense but I honestly think it is one of the best spent services as we get our weekends back to decorate and do the garden. Best for during the summer as I never look forward to Saturdays cleaning :( does anyone?!

Got to keep motivated and keep saving and spending low so need to be on here more as well!!

Keep well everyone :)
    Retro x
    Save
    Save
  • Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    Not much happening..! TT £1 last few days so hopefully if I keep remembering I will be on track for £20 bonus OP this month. Interest from the Tesco acc is helping as well :)

Had a good but very spendy Easter weekend. Easter Sunday dinner was at my house for a change so spent a bit on food and drink, and also got the obligatory Easter eggs for the family especially my niece. Now my fridge is full of leftovers and I'm getting back to Slimming World today! DF better eat all the naughty bits so I can be good :)

My sister gave me a lovely engagement present with all sorts of wedding planning things, pretty things and smelly things, it was so thoughtful :) but now I feel like I actually need to start planning ahead and thinking about spending is breaking me out in a sweat! Better get those TT racking up :rotfl:

Retro x
    Save
    Save
    Save
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement retromonkey :heartpuls what lovely news!

I wouldn't worry so much about the wedding being a costly affair; some of my friends have had truly beautiful weddings without breaking the bank, just utilizing friends and families skills/benefits etc. one friend who had a very memorable wedding got married in a local field and made it a vintage festival theme. They, borrowed massive marquees from some friends of friends (in return for renovating their allotment), hay bales from a local farmer with family and friends bringing blankets to lay over them, for the buffet they asked guests to make cake/cakes and did a cream tea style affair with us bridesmaids serving the tea and cakes to guests. We made the table decorations, flowers were local wild flowers picked that morning and I made the bridal Jewellery and grooms men's buttonholes.

Appreciate a festival theme might not be everyone's cup of tea but it shows with planning and pre thought things can be done in a memorable but thrifty fashion :)

Have fun planning the wedding and getting those OPs paid off :)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Retro.Monkey90
    Retro.Monkey90 Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 18 April 2017 at 2:48PM
    Options
    Thanks Kittenkirst!

My sister had a very much DIY wedding with the only large expense being the venue (large country house at an absolute steal!) so I am well aware of the savings. It just seems like we are treading water at the moment and anything extra, even tea bags (emergency stash as I only had one box left :eek:) seems like it will break the bank at the moment. I know once I get into it and we have settled down a bit after our holiday that we will see light at the end of the tunnel. But I do quite like a festival themed wedding so I might nick it :beer:

Retro x
    Save
    Save
    Save
  • tinkerbel
    tinkerbel Posts: 1,795 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just read the whole thread and have subscribed!

Congratulations on your engagment!! How lovely and I'm sure wedding planning woll he fun and you can make it frugal :) do you have a timeline in mind?

Your TTs seem good - such an easy way to make a little OP and every little helps!
  • Retro.Monkey90
    Options
    Hi Tinkerbel! Thanks for subscribing although I am pretty lax these days about posting...!

My timeline doesn't really exist at the moment, I'm not one of those girls who has had everything in mind since a little girl. I planned what cars I wanted and what house I wanted before that! So I think at least a couple of years, also my soon-to-be sister in law is getting married at the end of 2018 and I couldn't get married before her I'd feel awful!

90p TT today so still on a roll, and managed to get back £1.36 cashback from the 123 credit card I cancelled so tidied that as well because it made the balance look messy:rotfl:

Tidied up my outgoings spreadsheet last night and I think if we can just keep our spending to a minimum and the same level of grocery spends we could be on course for breaking even this month and starting to save again next month. Really have to be disciplined as we have two more birthdays and we have plans for decorating and doing the garden. I really wish sometimes I earned more so I could do all those lovely things that people do while I count every penny that I spend but then if I earned more I would just put it into the mortgage - who am I kidding I will never be a big spender!

Have a great day folks
    Retro x
    Save
    Save
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business