Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Comments

• Ich_2
    Ich_2 Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Yes weather related delays are exempted
  • Ich_2
    Ich_2 Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    We flew From Edinburgh to Newark New Jersey

there's a thread for american US and Canadian Airlines on page 2 of the board, post there!

More detail, was it one through booking, multiple bookings, airlines involved etc?
  • lyndac40
    lyndac40 Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Ich

The answer to your question is it was one through booking all through United Airlines. I will post on US airlines page thank you for the Info.

Lynda
  • We were delayed over 20 Hours on our flight to Florida in 2008 due to a technical issue.
    Our kids were devastated as they handled it terribly (We had boarded the aircraft got comfy and before they discovered the fault). All the kids were crying when they asked us to leave the aircraft.
    The airline (Monarch) handled the whole thing terribly by taking us off the aircraft and continually telling us they were just waiting on the new part being flown in from wherever, until finally sending us to a crappy hotel overnight where they didn't even have a room big enough for my husband and I and out two small kids so we had to sleep in two rooms.

We lost a whole day of our holiday never mind the stress of the knock on effect of letting the car rental company and accommodation in Orlando know that we were delayed.

We were not compensated in any way shape or form apart from a few vouchers for food while we were at Manchester airport.
    I have the flight stat report that confirms the delay but I cant find the booking reference now and the travel agency we bought the flight through is now no longer trading.

My question is - can we claim without having the booking reference? I really hope so as it really would be Devine retribution for the terrible service and stress we received and would go towards our next holiday.

Thanks
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    try posting in the Monarch thread - others will know what they have been asked for as part of their claims
  • Caz3121 wrote: »
    try posting in the Monarch thread - others will know what they have been asked for as part of their claims

Any idea how I find the Monarch Thread? Im new here so dont know my way around yet. thanks very much.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,542 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Monarch thread is currently about the 6th thread down in this forum
  • Any idea how I find the Monarch Thread? Im new here so dont know my way around yet. thanks very much.

Top right of this page, under "How to contact us" it says Forum Jump.

Click on Go and you will get a list of related threads.

You will find the Monarch thread there
  • evg07
    evg07 Posts: 1 Newbie
    In August 2011 we were delayed 12hrs on a flight back from Zante on airline SKYwings with Olympic Holidays. can i claim? Thank you
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    evg07 wrote: »
    In August 2011 we were delayed 12hrs on a flight back from Zante on airline SKYwings with Olympic Holidays. can i claim? Thank you

Yes of course you can claim. Read the FAQs which explain what you need to do.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback