Phones 4U contract buyout

Comments

• Dehidie
    Dehidie Posts: 5 Forumite
    Just got back and im really happy with what i found out and i hope others can use this advise aswell, Yesterday i recived a text from orange saying this
    Hi from orange. from 14th september we will be changing the cost of some calls that are not included in your service plan see Website
    What this means is this i got to cancel my contract with orange today for free:j, Let me explain how, because i use over my free mins i get with my service plan and that orange have changed there service agrement they have breached there terms and conditions which allows you to cancel your contract from the day u call them like i did today...... The lady i spoke to today explained this also offcom are also dealing with this, But here is the bad news, If you dont go over your free mins there is nothing that u can do to cancel your contract as these changes will not affect you. I really hope this helps some people im not sure if there is a cut of date you can do this,

Im now on a 18month contract with Vodafone and i got a nokia 5800 a headset and they even brought my old phone off me for £50 (Happy Days):j
  • TREVORCOLMAN
    TREVORCOLMAN Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Why dont people then go over the limit for 1 month and then ask to cancel?
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
  • Trevorcoleman- It doesnt matter whether you go over the minutes or not at present.
    Orange are just trying to use that card just now as probably most people dont go over their minutes etc...

The reply is simple- what if you do go over the minutes at some point in the future.

I Know countless people who have cancelled their contracts by using that line.
  • Dehidie
    Dehidie Posts: 5 Forumite
    I dont know all the answers but i cancelled my contract yesterday with orange and it was so easy. There is a web address that was with the text i recived but because im a new user on this website i cant post it.
  • Just curious. If you was to go ahead with p4u buying out your contract, are you to take another out through them or are you able to go where-ever?
  • visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Jda... wrote: »
    Just curious. If you was to go ahead with p4u buying out your contract, are you to take another out through them or are you able to go where-ever?

They buy you out - on the basis you take a new contract, which they make enough commission on to cover what they pay you and then some...
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Jda... wrote: »
    Just curious. If you was to go ahead with p4u buying out your contract, are you to take another out through them or are you able to go where-ever?

you think P4U do it for charity?
  • when you say ... go over your minutes .... how does this get you out of your contract ?? .. is it like mis-selling or something ?

i have about a year left on an O2 contract that i would like to be out of ... would the same apply or is this just Orange ???
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Whitler wrote: »
    when you say ... go over your minutes .... how does this get you out of your contract ?? .. is it like or something ?

i have about a year left on an O2 contract that i would like to be out of ... would the same apply or is this just Orange ???

who exactly are you replying to?
    which part of the deal you took do you think is mis-selling ?
  • asking a question .... as more than one had said about going over minutes as gettin rid of contract ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure