Monument Credit Card

Comments

• hammerette_2
    hammerette_2 Posts: 26 Forumite
    I also had defence entered at last minute by monument awaiting to hear from court now I suppose
  • ICan'tStandIt
    ICan'tStandIt Posts: 455 Forumite
    The Monument credit cards are Barclays "credit builder" accounts aimed at people with terrible/zero credit ratings - sorry if that offends anyone with a Monument account, but that was how the account was originally marketed.

That's also why the APR is criminal and the service terrible.

The reason why there is not much online presence for this account, apart from forums, is that providing online servicing wouldn't be cost effective as the majority of their customers don't have a computer.

Barclays bought the portfolio of accounts from the american bank Providian, when Providian pulled out of the UK. Having failed to make any money from these accounts, Barclays have flogged them off to an American firm called CompuCredit. Barclays are keeping the best accounts for itself, by giving those customers a Barclaycard.

If you're waiting for late payment charge refunds etc, chase them up quick before the take over goes through.
  • Wiggynut
    Wiggynut Posts: 1,039
    First Post
    Forumite
    I can't remember why I even applied for a monument card... I got a capital card at the same time. I never really had a problems with them and paid the card off within five months... That was the plan with the monument card - just to use it for a short while but then they starting charging me £60 for missing one payment by two days and despite paying a lot onto the card they kept adding the fees yet I was well under the limit!
    £500 in total of charges for two day late payment. 22 letters ignore and phone put down on me when I asked if I could find out why I was still getting the charges! nice customer services eh!

do you know when they are being taken over??? hopefully after my claim :rotfl:

I'm waiting for a court date at the moment so hopefully this will be over soon.
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
    now at Uni as a Mature student -update: now has a First Class BA!
  • ICan'tStandIt
    ICan'tStandIt Posts: 455 Forumite
    Hi Wiggynut

From what I understand, CompuCredit start running the show from June 1st.

I hope that doesn't delay your claim.
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Forumite
    Yikes, that soon!
    I haven't received a court date yet... I'm hoping it will all be over in a month!
    Thanks for the info
    Light bulb moment April 07: [strike]£3,655 [/strike] Oct 07: [strike]£2,220[/strike] now 0 - 3 years of Uni debt to be added at a later date :o:D
  • chrissieo
    chrissieo Posts: 56 Forumite
    Hi Wiggynut

From what I understand, CompuCredit start running the show from June 1st.

I hope that doesn't delay your claim.

I have paid off all my debts to Providian via an agency (RMAI) and requested statements today, when CompuCredit take over will I still be able to claim back my charges?

Chrissie
    When one door closes, another one always opens, but sometimes it's hell in the hallway:rolleyes:
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Forumite
    I've still not received a court date?
    How long does it take?
    It's been 10 days now.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    How long is a piece of string, it depends how busy your particular court is.
  • Wiggynut
    First Post
    Forumite
    How long is a piece of string, it depends how busy your particular court is.

I should think they are very busy - lots of people reclaiming!! :D
    Such a slow process! and not knowing what is going on is frustrating.
    :confused:
  • shoe_2
    shoe_2 Posts: 141 Forumite
    Hi Wiggynut
    well it seems we are at the same stage really i have waited 3 weeks for a court date and still heard nowt !!!!
    i think we just have to sit tight and wait now !!! What is your local court ??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure